App Review Online Armor 6.0 Prevention Test (MrITReviews)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This was requested on YouTube :)

Feedback is always appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Online Armor Premium doesn't say anything about having an Antivirus, but I suppose that's made up with the Web Shield to prevent malicious downloads.

http://www.online-armor.com/products-online-armor-premium.php

Edit: Typo.

I

illumination

Earth said:
Online Armor Premium doesn't say anything about having an Antivirus, but I suppose that's made up with the Web Shield to prevent malicious downloads.

OAP does not have an antivirus, but the Web Shield is effective as seen in this video. Combined with Emsisofts Anti Malware which also contains Surf Protection, it is very effective! I run this combination on my production machine, and it is secure.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Good vid, what's happened to your commentary ?
To increase security move OAP to advanced mode and runsafer all unknown apps.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK I re-watched the video. I don't understand, if every executable is going to be blocked then obviously it won't be able to run.

As you said it has a Web Shield that's effective, but I didn't see attempts to c&p dangerous URLs in the web browser.

Testing Firewall software like an Antivirus... am I missing something?

PS: I've never used OAP or Emsisoft.

I

illumination

Earth said:
OK I re-watched the video. I don't understand, if every executable is going to be blocked then obviously it won't be able to run.

As you said it has a Web Shield that's effective, but I didn't see attempts to c&p dangerous URLs in the web browser.

Testing Firewall software like an Antivirus... am I missing something?

PS: I've never used OAP or Emsisoft.

I think the main purpose of this test, was to test the current whitelist, to see if the Malware would be allowed to run and or connect to the internet. OAP is a granular firewall which gives you excellent program control.

I would actually like to see attempts with dangerous URLS done through the web browser as well..

D

Deleted member 178

the web shield of OAP is very enigmatic to me, i tried many MDL Malicious links, nothing. visible happened...

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
the web shield of OAP is very enigmatic to me, i tried many MDL Malicious links, nothing. visible happened...

Did you do this as a standalone test, or along side EAM? Asking out of curiosity.

D

Deleted member 178

both. even one time i tried with EAM turned off.
or unless i was unlucky with many fp links...but i dont think so ^^

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
both. even one time i tried with EAM turned off.
or unless i was unlucky with many fp links...but i dont think so ^^

Did they make it into the system, and if so, were they caught by the program guard?

D

Deleted member 178

thewolfsmith72 said:
Did they make it into the system, and if so, were they caught by the program guard?

i tested only blackholes and co.then i retest the links with BDTL, it caught all of them by showing the alert unlike OAP. the program guard is so sensitive that it catch everything.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Showing the true power of Emsisoft OnLine Amor! But it is up the individual to allow and/or block the Malware from running! Remember nothing is truly 100% this is why I am layering my security software! Enjoyed the video on
blocking Malware! :p

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:

OAP can use EAM cloud if EAM is installed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
McLovin, any chance of OAP with c&p dangerous URLs into a web browser?

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
McLovin, any chance of OAP with c&p dangerous URLs into a web browser?

I can have a go at that, only thing is c&p means?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.