Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Hey guys,
I was wondering what the ram/cpu usage is with the free version and has anyone had any issues with it like BSOD's?
I am thinking of trying OA free + EAM

D

Deleted member 178

I am using OA premium so maybe OA free will use less resources since it has less features.

You will have BSODs if you have Virtual Box installed

b2Dpu.jpg

Tomin2009

Aug 8, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
I am using OA premium so maybe OA free will use less resources since it has less features.

b2Dpu.jpg

I am wonderding what kind of tool are you using to check PID and something like this on you screenshot? Obviously it's not task manager .

D

Deleted member 178

Tomin2009 said:
I am wonderding what kind of tool are you using to check PID and something like this on you screenshot? Obviously it's not task manager .

This is Process Hacker, Comodo Killswitch was originally based on it. :D

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Tomin2009 said:

You Can also View PID and other information you want using Taskmanager just open Taskmanager > View > Select Columns

Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Are there any known conflicts with OA free?

Tomin2009

Aug 8, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
Tomin2009 said:

This is Process Hacker, Comodo Killswitch was originally based on it. :D

loveboy_lion said:
Tomin2009 said:

You Can also View PID and other information you want using Taskmanager just open Taskmanager > View > Select Columns

Thank you very much:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't have VirtualBox installed, but I get this message. :huh: How do I get around this?

tTAwG.png

D

Deleted member 178

never installed? if installed once maybe you should check in "non-plug & play drivers" for leftovers..

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
@Umbra.....
it has WebShield in online armor free version, any idea how it works?? is it good enough??

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Checked and nothing in the npnp drivers, looks like I won't be trying OA Free.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
Avast Free and Online Armor Free combination is good ?? any idea?? anyone tried it before???

D

Deleted member 178

tapoo said:
Avast Free and Online Armor Free combination is good ?? any idea?? anyone tried it before???

yes good combination, i am using Avast and OA premium.

OA free web shield explanation here : http://www.online-armor.com/web-filter.php

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Privatefirewall seem to better than online with less false positive from what I have been reading. Also, is giving Comodo a run for it money. And your opinions/feedback, please? Just trying to get a better understanding of
different firewalls on the market today.

D

Deleted member 178

What you means by false positive in a FW? because in a HIPS everything is suspicious unless whitelisted.

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
Earth said:
Checked and nothing in the npnp drivers, looks like I won't be trying OA Free.

The OA installer checks if VBoxNetFlt.sys is present on your system. If that network driver is present on your system the OA installer will show the message that you need to uninstall VirtualBox bridged network support.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Cheers for the info, I'll go ahead and remove these leftovers?

qFi4h.png

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
I recommend to create a snapshot or system restore point before removing those files. And run CCleaner registry scan after those files are removed. Just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.