Battle Online Armor Premium vs Outpost Firewall Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Online Armor premium all the way, it is the only HIPS-based firewall that can be a rival to Comodo FW.

check my review here:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Review-Online-Armor-Premium-v6

The main drawback on OAP is the boot-time slowdown.

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
won a copy of Online Armor Premium here and can I tell you that it is an AWESOME firewall
not much to say after Umbra Corp.s review except that you should install it and take it for a spin!!!
you too will be sold.. lol

Woodkid

Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Who do you think best?
-Performance
Both are same when it comes to performance. A HIPS doesn't cause much system impact cause they don't do a lot.

-Security
Online Armor is much better then Outpost. Look, probably all new PCs are 64bit. And till version 7.5 Outpost was useless because they didn't implant the kind of security part needed to protect 64bit systems. OA had this part much earlier.
When I confronted developers on the official forums, they didn't answer. When I asked the support directly then I got some standard paste and copy answer that was complete useless. I had to wait for 4 days to get an answer. Imagine you system is infected or you need help very quick. Yea.

Online Armor developers were very clear from the beginning and very responsive. Emsisoft is known for its support and customer service. They will answer and try to help you as much as they can.
They are were honest. They never told me or advertise something their product cannot do.

Outpost 7.1 free is still advertised as perfect security solution on the agnitum website although it isn't even Windows 8 compatible.

-Options
Online Armor has the nicer UI, much better descriptions when it comes to HIPS popups and is easier on the eyes.

I would never ever touch Outpost again because I don't like that kind of policy they have.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Well i have yet to try out Outpost, but i have tried Online Armour and still using it and so far i find it's one of the top Firewall out there.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
nastavnikhe said:
Which antivrus program is a the best combination with Online Armor ?

Just as the man above stated Emsisoft AM (Anti Malware), it has a bunch of Whitelist and Blacklist signatures which get's updated daily (hourly in fact) so it take's most of the decision for the user w/o askin, but then again HIPS will always have a few pop-ups for you :p. Oline Armour will have the best synergy with EAM, that would be you best bet though you can always run it with something else it's not really an issue. But since both products were made by the same firm they have a synergy which would not be achieved with some other configuration.

D

Deleted member 178

U should watch this video of leak test, Outpost Pro Firewall gets 340/340 in comodo leak test. Also lighter then online armor.

all HIPS based firewalls got 340/340 because Comodo leak test is not made to test firewall but the HIPS component. Since HIPS are created to ask about every process that run or try to run in the system so you get 340 easily. it is why when you test comodo leak test , even CIS cant get 340 if you enable the auto-sandbox/virtualization...

so as i said earlier , vendor-made leak tests are pointless.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
D

Deleted member 178

anyway no more OA on next version of Emsisoft IS; if people keep buying OAP and support its development , it will be updated.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
outpost is more advanced, feature rich and effective IMO but for novice - intermediate users i recommend OA. though personally i prefer OP.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
I prefer OA, personally, but much of that is based upon its being more intuitive (for me) and the fact that OP has repeatedly caused issues on my setup when I've had it installed. Horses for courses...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
OA & when combined with EAM to make the security pack is a very tight setup. I have never noticed the boot time slowdown with OA. I have tried Outpost but was quite buggy especially on Windows 8. I would recommend OA to anyone as a firewall option. Outpost is good also just my opinion that OA is a better choice at least for me.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
all HIPS based firewalls got 340/340 because Comodo leak test is not made to test firewall but the HIPS component. Since HIPS are created to ask about every process that run or try to run in the system so you get 340 easily. it is why when you test comodo leak test , even CIS cant get 340 if you enable the auto-sandbox/virtualization...

so as i said earlier , vendor-made leak tests are pointless.
Sorry, i read many forums & noticed that not all firewall get 340 in HIPS protection coz some configured their FW poorly or some can't reach 340 target, close to 340. Also OP HIPS is not annoying like comodo who ask many times to runs a installer or uninstaller or a process & also it's GUI quit better then private firewall. Also CF didn't get 340 in my text when i enable auto-sandbox, in default setting & enabling/disabling sandbox i get 190-200 but i get 340 by enabling HIPS in paranoid mode.BB in comodo is useless for me since i use AV with BB inbuilt and i know how to handle HIPS except it's not annoying like CF.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.