Battle Online Armor Premium vs Outpost Firewall Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Never tried OutPost. What are its other features not available in OA?
well it always looked as though OP is more polished and compact than comodo to me. CFW UI is like a messy room while OP is looks like a tidy one plus it has Web Control feature which can be handy since it applies to all applications and it also has an Adblock feature.
it also comes with a file&registry live activity monitor which is perfect when analyzing an infected machine.

but all that said at the end of it all nothing can beat that sweat sight of the " 0$ " sign when you check out comodo ;)

Reactions: Koroke San

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
well it always looked as though OP is more polished and compact than comodo to me. CFW UI is like a messy room while OP is looks like a tidy one plus it has Web Control feature which can be handy since it applies to all applications and it also has an Adblock feature.
it also comes with a file&registry live activity monitor which is perfect when analyzing an infected machine.

but all that said at the end of it all nothing can beat that sweat sight of the " 0$ " sign when you check out comodo ;)
Hello, I am NOT asking about Comodo. I was asking between OutPost and Online Armor

Reactions: NSG001

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Hello, I am NOT asking about Comodo. I was asking between OutPost and Online Armor
i was posting on 2 different topics at the same time lol.
personally i have tested OA about a year ago and it had a lot of BSOD issues and driver incompatibility issues. its development doesnt seem to be as top priority as the dev of EAS is to its team. it's HIPS got bypassed by some of the tests.
but as i said it was the previous version and not the current. though personally if i wanted a powerful HIPS id bet on OP and CFW and if none of them then PrivateFirewall.

good luck

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
OnlineArmor was kind of buggy on my 8.1. I was about to install an NVIDIA update, and I noticed it was taking way too long to extract. Looking at the Task Manager revealed that it was the OA service. So I don't know what caused it, but OA certainly didn't behave the way I wanted. Otherwise it seemed to be working fine (aside from the lack of keylogger protection for Win8).

Outpost on the other hand didn't seem to cause any slowdowns.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
I used to have OP Pro (have a lifetime license) but later shifted to OA Premium. But I found both very good and did the job well for me. Sometime 2012 I compared both to Eset's firewall HERE and HERE. On both occasions OA and OP bested Eset's (of course on the topics/issue posted only). I do find OA Premium easy to configure than Outpost. Maybe when I use OP Pro again I'll post a comparison based on my usage here.

ghostery

Apr 22, 2014
Outpost Firewall Pro para mi en lo personal es mejor en el solo echo que no he tenido ni un problema en cambio con online armor sufri de pantallazo azul y note una realentizacion en mi pc utilizo win 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.