Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Homepage: Online Office Applications for business
Download: ONLYOFFICE desktop and mobile apps
GitHub: GitHub - ONLYOFFICE/DesktopEditors: An office suite that combines text, spreadsheet and presentation editors allowing to create, view and edit local documents

ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors is a free office suite that combines text, spreadsheet and presentation editors allowing to create, view and edit documents stored on your Windows/Linux PC or Mac without an Internet connection. It is fully compatible with Office Open XML formats: .docx, .xlsx, .pptx.

ONLYOFFICE Docs​

• View, edit, and collaborate on docs, sheets, slides
  • Build fillable forms and fill them in online
  • Read and edit PDFs, export/import to/from PDF
  • Convert docs to Markdown and HTML
  • Turn your textbooks into e-books
  • Generate texts with the AI helper
Learn more about ONLYOFFICE Docs features
dp-mp.png

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

ONLYOFFICE DesktopEditors 7.5.0​

New Features

All Editors

• Added support for interface scales >200% (225, 250, 275, 300, 350, 400, 450, 500)
  • Files from the "Recent files" list of the application have been added to the "File" > “Open Recent” section, according to the editor formats
  • Updated VLC libraries (for Windows)
  • Updated the “About” page and the “Check for updates” block (for Windows)
  • Added a list of changes to deb/rpm packages (for Linux)
  • Added a warning when the application is closing if several files are opened
  • The "Last used" option has been added to the editors settings for "Default Zoom Value"
  • Add a menu for quick access to the most popular symbols to the button for inserting symbols
  • Support for SVG images
  • Add a setting to hide the toolbar for equation
  • Add hints for images in SmartArt objects
  • Add the ability to open files protected with a password in the embedded viewer
  • Add the ability to edit points of the autoshape border to the right panel
  • Only Ctrl + ./Ctrl + , keyboard shortcuts are now used for superscript/subscript characters
  • Change keyboard shortcuts for moving through the text on macOS:
    • Cmd + Arrow Left – moving to the beginning of the line
    • Cmd + Arrow Right – moving to the end of the line
    • Option + Arrow Left – moving one word to the left
    • Option + Arrow Right – moving one word to the right
    • Removing one word to the left: Ctrl + Backspace replaced with Option + Delete
    • Removing one word to the right: Ctrl + Fn + Delete replaced with Option + Fn + Delete.

Document Editor

• Automatic hyphenation
  • Change the selection logic, add the “Smart paragraph selection” option in Advanced Setting
  • Add the “Remove content control when contents are edited” option to content control settings
  • Change behavior of the Accept/Reject review buttons in the toolbar
  • Disable the Zoom out action for the Ctrl + Numpad keyboard shortcut due to the conflict with inserting an em dash
  • Change the keyboard shortcut for strikeout text formatting on macOS: Ctrl + 5 replaced with Cmd + Shift + X
  • Change the keyboard shortcut for inserting ellipsis on macOS: Ctrl + Option + . replaced with Option + ;

Spreadsheet Editor

• The ability to display only formulas in cells
  • Trace precedents / dependents
  • New function: SORTBY
  • Added presets for "Margins" and the ability to show/hide "Print titles" in the "File" > "Print" menu
  • Add the ability to set a number format in the field settings for pivot tables
  • The Show details feature for working with a Pivot Table
  • Improvement of the ability to open data on a new sheet by double-clicking a value in a Pivot Table
  • Autocompletion for days of the week and months when stretching a cell value
  • Drag-and-drop for columns and rows
  • Add filters by date and the ability to display data with the "Date" format in the form of a tree in the Autofilter window
  • Inserting images into headers/footers
  • External data update for the currently edited source file
  • The last used Delimiter and Encoding setting for CSV files is now stored locally on the client side
  • The ability to insert page breaks from the Layout toolbar
  • Add the ability to open the source for external links
  • Add the Alt + Down keyboard shortcut for opening the Autofilter window when the header of a column with a filter is selected

Presentation Editor

• Add the "Morph" transition
  • Assigning names to objects in advanced settings
  • The "Number slides from" option has been added to the slide size settings
  • Notes and Handouts in headers/footers settings
  • Slide placeholders have alternative descriptions
  • SmartArt insertion is available via a slide placeholder
  • Add the ability to navigate to the specific slide with the consecutive pressing of the slide number + Enter when previewing a presentation
  • Change the keyboard shortcut for starting a presentation on macOS: Cmd + Shift + Return is used

PDF Editor

• Support for the PDF form, annotations, comments and drawings

Forms

• Bring settings on the right toolbar to unified appearance

Fixes

Security

• Fix vulnerability which allows reading data from memory when converting DOC to DOCX
  • Fix vulnerability which allows adding a third party image to a document when converting HTML to DOCX

Plugins

• Restore working capacity from China

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

ONLYOFFICE DesktopEditors 7.5.1​

Fixes

All Editors

• Fixed print options (rang) tuning for documents and presentations
  • Fixed some security issues
  • Fixed opening files with size more than 100MB
  • Fixed some issues with composite input
  • Fixed issues preventing work application on MacOS version < 12.0

Document Editor

• Fixed incorrect painting inserted Text Art

Spreadsheet Editor

• Fixed issue when cell border became hidden due to hide row with part of merged cell
  • Fixed equation transformation for Linear/Professional mode switching from context menu
  • Fixed print issue for Header/Footer

Presentation Editor

• Fixed error on click Head & Footer in Insert tools panel
  • Fixed crashing in the Reporter mode on changing slide from end demonstration

PDF Editor

• Fixed saving document through "Save copy"
  • Fixed incorrect processing editor's config (editorType)
  • Fixed issue for plugin "Send" when there is no email client installed
  • Fixed issue related to input disabled on creating
Source: DesktopEditors/CHANGELOG.md at master · ONLYOFFICE/DesktopEditors · GitHub

Download: ONLYOFFICE desktop and mobile apps

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
ONLYOFFICE Docs 8.0 released: PDF forms, RTL, Goal Seek and chart wizard in sheets, updated plugins UI, and more

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors v8.0 released:

I have been using OnlyOffice for few years now and it has completely replaced MS Office for me, download link

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
this is the first I've heard of onlyoffice, do you (anyone) know how it compares to Libreoffice?
Out of the box OnlyOffice looks and feels more like Microsoft Office than OpenOffice. In OpenOffice you can adhust the interface and icons to make it look more like M$ Office (but even then OnlyOffice looks a little more like M$ than LibreOffice tweaked).

Speed differs a lot, so hard to tell what's faster on your PC. I have had a PC on which LibreOffice was way slower than OnlyOffice. on my current laptop LibreOffice is a lot faster.

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
this is the first I've heard of onlyoffice, do you (anyone) know how it compares to Libreoffice?

The general consensus is that OnlyOffice has much better compatibility with MS Office when compared to Libre Office. It is free and Open Source, so you can download and check it out:

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
@simmerskool

What Virtuoso mentioned. :)

@LennyFox

Yes, for me LibreOffice was pretty fast on my old computer, but quite a bit slower on my new PC. (Although it is a lot more powerful.) So it was a nice surprise for me to see that OnlyOffice is so fast. So now this is my new standard office program. By the way, it does not mean that I think LibreOffice is bad or something, it is just slower for me than OnlyOffice.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I just updated Libreoffice from production version 7.. to 24.2 "power user" version. Seeing a few anomalies re text color in both spreadsheets and text docs, but nothing concerning.
I think I will install onlyoffice on a VM today or soon. I assume onlyoffice will read libreoffice formatted files...? :unsure:

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I just updated Libreoffice from production version 7.. to 24.2 "power user" version. Seeing a few anomalies re text color in both spreadsheets and text docs, but nothing concerning.
I think I will install onlyoffice on a VM today or soon. I assume onlyoffice will read libreoffice formatted files...? :unsure:

This is what it can open. :D

Schermafbeelding 2024-02-01 223258.jpg

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
The general consensus is that OnlyOffice has much better compatibility with MS Office when compared to Libre Office. It is free and Open Source, so you can download and check it out:

Agree, but for excel spreadsheets copied into word documents, libre office does a better job. Powerpoints compatibility of OpenOffice is a lot better. On spreadheets their even and straight word documents Open Office is just a tad better when it comes to branded documents.

• Thanks
Reactions: simmerskool

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
How does it compare to WPS Office, which is pretty light on the system and has almost perfect compatibility with MS Office? I'm always open to something better.

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
How does it compare to WPS Office, which is pretty light on the system and has almost perfect compatibility with MS Office? I'm always open to something better.

WPS Office has the best compatibility but it is not free and open source program, it is a proprietary paid program and the free version is infested with Ads.

The most important point for some people is that WPS is Chinese and was literally started by the Chinese Military. The Chinese proudly say that “There is a company that fully deserves to be known as the Whampoa Military Academy of the Chinese programmer,” she writes, referring to the legendary academy that trained the first commanders of the Red Army."

A Chinese nationalist's article on the same topic: CHINA VOICES | The Office clone that took on Microsoft · TechNode

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

ONLYOFFICE DesktopEditors v8.0.1​

8.0.1​

Fixes​

• Significantly increased the speed of unpacking the update package through the built-in update service for future releases (Windows)
  • Fixed the table alignment on a page after printing
  • Renamed the form template creation button to PDF Form
  • Changed the font family for Arabic language on the application main page
  • Fixed the Open Document dialog window language if the Arabic interface is set in the system
  • Fixed changing the text direction in the User Name field when changing the keyboard layout if the RTL UI is enabled
  • The RTL UI mode is hidden on Windows XP
  • Fixed applying a password when opening local files on Windows XP
  • Fixed the translation in the drop-down lists of options for the 'Disabled' state in the application settings
  • Fixed the description of the DOCX format in the Save As dialog

Document Editor​

• Fix crash when clicking comment inside a math equation
  • Fix crash when using the Insert caption feature with the Include chapter number option
  • Fix crash when inserting a copied image using Ctrl
  • Fix a problem with rendering collaboration highlight
  • Fix an issue with highlighting searching results in some DOCX files
  • Fix display of highlighting a comment added to RTL text
  • Fix text label for Table of Contents in the RTL UI
  • Fix an issue with shaping text with different direction (RTL and LTR)
  • Improve the calculation of the cursor position in case when it is between text with different directions (RTL and LTR)
  • Fix an issue with correction of a text selection when passing through a complex field
  • Fix an issue with calculating the current cursor position while selecting elements in table
  • Fix selection for the hidden part of complex fields
  • Fix an issue with selection draw and cursor positioning in complex fields
  • Fix position of diacritics when typing in Arabic
  • Hide non-printing characters in header/footer label
  • Decrease the height of the header/footer label

Spreadsheet Editor​

• Fix stopping work of the editor when exporting some XLSX files to PNG/JPEG
  • Fix display of the DBNum1 number format when opening some XLSX files
  • Fix display of the Currency format when exporting some XLSX to ODS and reopening
  • Fix appearing artifacts when inserting an image via Drag-n-Drop and moving it
  • Fix saving the current sheet only when exporting a work book to PNG/JPEG
  • Fix display of the #REF! error when adding the VLOOKUP formula with an argument which is a reference to another file

Presentation Editor​

• Fix stopping work of the editor when opening some PPTX files
  • Fixed the app crash when pressing the Command + , keyboard shortcut in Presenter View (macOS)
  • Fixed closing the application when opening a local presentation in its own window mode and launching the Presenter View

Forms​

• Fix crash when expanding the Date field in the forms edited in third-party editors
  • Fix closing a drop-down list in some PDF forms with the Turn on screen reader support option enabled
  • Change the default date-time format for a DatePicker form

PDF Editor​

• Fix crash when opening some DjVu files
  • Fix annotations offset when exporting to PDF
  • Fix the color of the worksheet borders with the light interface theme

Security​

• Fixed the vulnerability in 'PIVOTVIEW::loadContent' method when converting XLS to XLSX
  • Fixed the vulnerability in 'GlobalsSubstream::UpdateXti()' method when converting XLS to XLSX
  • Fixed the vulnerability in 'ChartSheetSubstream::recalc' method when converting XLS to XLSX
  • Fixed the vulnerability which leads to buffer overflow when converting ODP to PPTX
  • Fixed the vulnerability which allows adding a third party file to a document while converting HTML to DOCX
  • Fixed the ability to execute the PowerShell commands when converting DOC to PDF

Convert​

• Fixed files corruption after converting some ODT files to DOCX
  • Fixed adding the excess 'Default Extension="docxf" parameter when converting DOCXF to DOCX
  • Fixed display of a date as a number when opening some XLS files
  • Fixed losing contents of the cell with an added comment after exporting to ODS
  • Fixed files corruption after converting some DOC files to DOCX
  • Fixed document appearance in another editors after export some DOCX files
  • Fixed data loss when converting some DOC to DOCX
  • Fixed stopping work of some XLS to CSV conversion
  • Fixed files corruption after converting some ODS files to XLSX
  • Fixed data loss on opening some TXT files
  • Fixed files corruption after converting some XLSB files to XLSX

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
How does onlyoffice compare to Ashampoo Office 9/Software 2024? (They are essentially the same app)

There are a couple of things making he hesitate switching to onlyoffice:

1. It's the only office suite I know that has no complete (f7) spelling/grammar checker. It's word by word basis.
b. There very little to no available settings. There are no default save settings, no way to add a default author or user info, etc.

Those are very odd, and things I thought were standard.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
How does onlyoffice compare to Ashampoo Office 9/Software 2024? (They are essentially the same app)

There are a couple of things making he hesitate switching to onlyoffice:

1. It's the only office suite I know that has no complete (f7) spelling/grammar checker. It's word by word basis.
b. There very little to no available settings. There are no default save settings, no way to add a default author or user info, etc.

Those are very odd, and things I thought were standard.

Am I wrong?
For one thing you don't get the Ashampoo pester screens 😆

Reactions: Morro and LennyFox

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.