Open Broadcaster Software for Windows, Linux and Mac
Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for recording and live streaming. Source code is available to everyone to contribute and improve. Both 32 and 64 bit versions are available and it's absolutely free!
Original OBS | Changelog | Download
Open Broadcaster Software is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Supported features include:
- Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC.
- Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVENC.
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, DailyMotion, Hitbox and more.
- File output to MP4 or FLV.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming.
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc).
- Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support.
- Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling.
OBS MultiPlatform is a complete rewrite of the original OBS from the ground up, with the main goals of course being multiplatform support, a more thorough feature set, and a much more powerful API. A very early and simple release is currently available for Mac.
OBS MultiPlatform will eventually support many of the advanced requested features not present in the original OBS, such as multiple stream outputs and scene previewing. It does not have these features in this release.
*An early release is currently available for Mac OS X. Stay tuned: https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio for more releases.
Visit OBS Community Forum: https://obsproject.com/forum/
Official Quick Start Guide: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/official-quick-start-guide.5/
Also can used be for live streaming to Twitch (Twitch Help: Setup Guide for OBS) and Youtube Live Events, as well as range of other video sites.