Robot
Verified
Content Creator

upnorth

Level 32
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
@rockstarrocks please check so opera_autoupdate.exe actually works and connects. Use any network tool of your own choice. I noticed it starts as soon one click Menu/Update and Recovery, then click the button " Check for update ". Remote address should be : ams.autoupdate.opera.com

If that don't work, try send a message to the Bug Team if you like.

Last edited:

rockstarrocks

Level 19
Verified
@rockstarrocks please check so opera_autoupdate.exe actually works and connects. Use any network tool of your own choice. I noticed it starts as soon one click Menu/Update and Recovery, then click the button " Check for update ". Remote address should be : ams.autoupdate.opera.com

If that don't work, try send a message to the Bug Team if you like.
When I click on "Check for update", 2 instances of Opera auto_updater run and I think connects to internet (I sorted the processes with netwrok activity in task manager), but nothing happens after that.

I sent them a bug report too.

upnorth

Level 32
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Great that the auto update process seems to start but, does it fully connect outwards to the address ams.autoupdate.opera.com?

Very weird indeed that it just partially worked with the web installer as one for sure would think that would solve the version problem. But must ask, does anything happen now with the 2 previous update options ? I mean through "About" and "Check for update".

rockstarrocks

Level 19
Verified
Great that the auto update process seems to start but, does it fully connect outwards to the address ams.autoupdate.opera.com?

Very weird indeed that it just partially worked with the web installer as one for sure would think that would solve the version problem. But must ask, does anything happen now with the 2 previous update options ? I mean through "About" and "Check for update".
It does connect to "lati.autoupdate.opera.com", not the "ams.autoupdate.opera.com". There is also some network activity for a min but nothing happens.