Apr 21, 2016

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Still not getting it via updater.
I installed it without any issues but do you mean the automatic updater? I installed this manuell as I tend to click the about info and it automatic there search for updates. A few versions back it was much faster then myself but now, not sure what happened.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I installed it without any issues but do you mean the automatic updater? I installed this manuell as I tend to click the about info and it automatic there search for updates. A few versions back it was much faster then myself but now, not sure what happened.
I did the same but I am still on previous version.

Even did a full browser reset.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
@rockstarrocks please check so opera_autoupdate.exe actually works and connects. Use any network tool of your own choice. I noticed it starts as soon one click Menu/Update and Recovery, then click the button " Check for update ". Remote address should be : ams.autoupdate.opera.com

If that don't work, try send a message to the Bug Team if you like.

Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@rockstarrocks please check so opera_autoupdate.exe actually works and connects. Use any network tool of your own choice. I noticed it starts as soon one click Menu/Update and Recovery, then click the button " Check for update ". Remote address should be : ams.autoupdate.opera.com

If that don't work, try send a message to the Bug Team if you like.
When I click on "Check for update", 2 instances of Opera auto_updater run and I think connects to internet (I sorted the processes with netwrok activity in task manager), but nothing happens after that.

I sent them a bug report too.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Great that the auto update process seems to start but, does it fully connect outwards to the address ams.autoupdate.opera.com?

Very weird indeed that it just partially worked with the web installer as one for sure would think that would solve the version problem. But must ask, does anything happen now with the 2 previous update options ? I mean through "About" and "Check for update".

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Great that the auto update process seems to start but, does it fully connect outwards to the address ams.autoupdate.opera.com?

Very weird indeed that it just partially worked with the web installer as one for sure would think that would solve the version problem. But must ask, does anything happen now with the 2 previous update options ? I mean through "About" and "Check for update".
It does connect to "lati.autoupdate.opera.com", not the "ams.autoupdate.opera.com". There is also some network activity for a min but nothing happens.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.