Battle Opera Browser versus other browsers

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Please, tell me, how good is the Opera browser vs main competitors (mainly, vs IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox). I used Firefox in Windows XP, 7, 8.1. I am not satisfied with how to run Firefox in Windows 10 (in Windows 10 is slower in my pc). I tested the browser and I liked his speed and security.

Last edited:

JMatthews

Jun 4, 2016
I can't really find any reason to switch away from Chrome. It seems to be the most secure. It's stable. I've had virtually zero issue with lockups/the browser becoming non-responsive. The performance/speed is there, it is constantly updated and optimized. The extensions and obviously built-in flash as well. I used FireFox for a while but I really see no point in going back. It just doesn't stack up. I used to have a bunch of lock up and load time issues when I used it as well.

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
The only reason you can choose opera over chrome is the inbuilt data compression(including video acceleration) and ad blocker. I would still go with chrome since it does practically everything well. Firefox failed in banking transactions for me quite a number of times. Microsoft's edge doesn't even have any extensions yet. Most of the other browsers are based off chromium.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.