• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
So I have founded a YouTuber called "Panjno" and he is doing tricks to optimize your Game.

So my Question it is really worth to optimize Games?

And whats about "Optimizing Windows 10 For Gaming" ?

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Depends. What does it mean when you say "optimize games and OS"? If you have powerful enough hardware then it's not worth the trouble to gain few more fps. For low end hardware Win10 game mode does help in stabilizing min fps upto an extent. Also disable the AV while playing (don't forget re enabling it though :p)

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Well yea it's worth it, if you dont have any problem with it you dont have to do Opimize the games or Windows 10 can you tell us about your PC specs?

Anyway, Optimize the games by Nvidia program it's called Nvidia Geforce Experience. for Windows 10, O&O Shutup 10, SysHardener and Kerish Doctor 2018.

GetWDP if you want uninstall Windows app from the store you haven't used since, disable unwanted services, etc but BE CAREFUL....

Reactions: amico81 and upnorth

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Depends. What does it mean when you say "optimize games and OS"? If you have powerful enough hardware then it's not worth the trouble to gain few more fps. For low end hardware Win10 game mode does help in stabilizing min fps upto an extent. Also disable the AV while playing (don't forget re enabling it though :p)

Why would someone disable the AV while playing? don't they have Game Mode?

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Look at the Videos from Panjno
Well yea it's worth it, if you dont have any problem with it you dont have to do Opimize the games or Windows 10 can you tell us about your PC specs?

Anyway, Optimize the games by Nvidia program it's called Nvidia Geforce Experience. for Windows 10, O&O Shutup 10, SysHardener and Kerish Doctor 2018.

GetWDP if you want uninstall Windows app from the store you haven't used since, disable unwanted services, etc but BE CAREFUL....
I Have i7 4770k + GTX 1060 6GB + 16GB DDR3

Reactions: SumTingWong

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Why would someone disable the AV while playing? don't they have Game Mode?
Game mode merely means, that AV will not display any notifications, it still works as usually.

When you look at some AV performance tests, some use no AV as a baseline and it is noticeable, even though they test it on highend hardware.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Didn't watch the video, but disabling pagefile on Windows can actually help WHEN you got enough RAM and you're using HDD, since RAM will be faster than a HDD.

Read the newest user comments on his video. His steps are nothing but just rekt your PC. Disabling pagefile will cause your OS to freeze if more memory needed. Even HowToGeek says disabling pagefile will improve your pc performance is a myth.
What Is the Windows Page File, and Should You Disable It?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Disabling pagefile will cause your OS to freeze if more memory needed.
Pagefile is a relic from days of XP and before, no longer needed. I disable it for years on any PC with at least 4GB, if it is just for browsing and basic tasks. I never had any problem, except when Deus Ex required 12GB and was crashing, since I had only 8GB, so I bought another 8GB. :)

Even HowToGeek says disabling pagefile will improve your pc performance is a myth.
I do not care much about myths ot myth busters, I prefer to test everything myself and disabling it helps a lot, not to mention an increased security.

Last edited:

xSploit

Level 1
Jul 7, 2012
Didn't watch the video, but disabling pagefile on Windows can actually help WHEN you got enough RAM and you're using HDD, since RAM will be faster than a HDD.
Disabling pagefile can cause problems when running memory-intensive software, such as photo/video editing programs or virtual machines. Some programs may even refuse to run.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Pagefile is a relic from days of XP and before, no longer needed. I disable it for years on any PC with at least 4GB, if it is just for browsing and basic tasks. I never had any problem, except when Deus Ex required 12GB and was crashing, since I had only 8GB, so I bought another 8GB. :)

I do not care much about myths ot myth busters, I prefer to test everything myself and disabling it helps a lot, not to mention an increased security.

Disable Pagingfile for performance boost is a myth. Even Microsoft don't recommend turning off paging files at all. CPU, GPU, and RAM play the biggest role in gaming performance. His video steps are nothing but destroying your PC. Anything that offers " boosting your PC performance " is oil snake.

deltamind

Level 1
Verified
May 19, 2018
So I have founded a YouTuber called "Panjno" and he is doing tricks to optimize your Game.

So my Question it is really worth to optimize Games?

And whats about "Optimizing Windows 10 For Gaming" ?
It is sometimes worth it to optimize games but I don't really recommend doing it as such from YouTube since sometimes one thing leads to the other and you're left with a broken PC. Gaming booster are still cool, using something like razer game booster or any other would still give you stability to be honest.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
GeForce Experience for "recommended" settings.

Razer Cortex to disable unnecessary background processes when a game launches. The processes run again when the game exits.
"Gamecaster" > Disable Gamecaster.
"Game Booster" > "Optimize" button under "Tweak".

Don't mess with your Windows pagefile.
While Razer Cortex is a really good tool, it kind of messed up my mouse movements for Valve games by making it a lot "smoother"

Reactions: slash/
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.