Troubleshoot OS X Yosemite help.

theemikebell

Thread author
Jun 4, 2016
I have no unsafe applications install, ran scans on mac with software. On every broswer I use, when I click anywhere new windows and tab will pop up. I saw one it say " Offerz4U" Dealz also. I just need help to remove them, so I can continue to do my school work.

A

Alkajak

What is MAA? Need more details.

If you're capable of using your browsers, download Malwarebytes for Mac and run a scan. If not, you will need to download it from another device and transfer it over.

Upvote 0

theemikebell

Thread author
Jun 4, 2016
If you know what I was saying, you would know Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, stand for what I type. I did serval scans. I'm on a mac and I told you above what broswers I'm using. Read above, I did all what your telling me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 7.53.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 7.53.59 PM.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 440
  • Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 2.35.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 2.35.25 PM.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I can't get the software, I'm on mac.
AdwareMedic was acquired by Malwarebytes - which you already used with no avail.

What web browser is affected?

Can you provide a screenshot of your browser extensions, and remove any suspicious extensions from your browser(s): Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc.

You may need to reset Safari.

Download and Run KnockKnockUI:
Objective-See

Let us know how it goes.

Upvote 0

theemikebell

Thread author
Jun 4, 2016
Everyone of my browser has no extensions. I have scan with the following programs already, it say it didn't found anything.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 8.52.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 8.52.40 PM.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 415
  • kkFindings.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Have you tried to reset all the settings and data on the browsers like Safari? Usually that should remove the main culprit of the problem.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

theemikebell

Thread author
Jun 4, 2016
Have you tried to reset all the settings and data on the browsers like Safari? Usually that should remove the main culprit of the problem.

Yes I reset all my browsers and it remain. Offerz4u has a domain now. It told me a program I installed has it in the download DMG. I deleted any apps that I would assume would carry it. I still get the popups from them, I hate it.

Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

Disable wifi.

(Reset Chrome)
  • Open Chrome.
  • Settings > Reset Settings.

(Hard-Reset Safari)
*** This will wipe all your Safari bookmarks and settings.
  • Backup your Safari bookmarks.
  • Open Safari.
  • Preferences > Advanced > Enable Develop Menu > Empty Caches.
  • History > Clear history/cookies.
  • Disable all extensions.
  • Exit Safari.
  • Open Finder.
  • Navigate to User/Home folder.
  • Go to View Options / Press Command+J.
  • Check "Show Library Folder".
  • Trash Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db.

Re-enable wifi and see how things went.

If this does not work, you will have to manually search through your files for further infections. Or as @_CyberGhosT_ said, it could be a DNS issue.

Upvote 0

jmep

Jun 7, 2016
Hi there! I am having the same issue. I have tried everything I possibly can:
reset Safari following all above guidelines (and a ton others... deleted everything everyone told me to)
removed both Firefox and Chrome (deleted everything I could find following forum advice)
I sat on the phone for over an hour working with a mac expert on this as well.
No matter what I do they always come back!
If anyone can help I would really appreciate it - it is driving me NUTS! I have at least got my computer back to a point where I can browse unsecured websites (because that was part of it for a while)

I am running Mac OS 10.10.5

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.