Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
If a new malware includes an evasion technique or a new way to infect you without using a process or action blocked by the loaded rules, OSArmor will just watch it happen.
This in regards of installing new software, not running what is already on the disk, so for example will it prevent me to launch or open a .AI file?The more restrictions, the less user-friendly can be the application, and the more skills it requires.
I have CruelComodo with OSA and SH, should I get rid of the last two?In my opinion, H_C, OSA, and SysHardener should not be used in combo with CF with CS settings (highly restricted autosandbox) because such protection would be inconvenient and too complex.
This is regards to both. H_C can be configured to prevent the user from opening any chosen file type. SysHardener and OSA cannot.This in regards of installing new software, not running what is already on the disk, so for example will it prevent me to launch or open a .AI file?
I do not know. Anyway, such a setup will be too complex and inconvenient for most people.I have CruelComodo with OSA and SH, should I get rid of the last two?
So far I'm not noticing any issue while I use the usual apps or install new ones, OSA in particular looks like doing nothing, no warning no pop sometimes I wonder if it was really installed ^____^ I see it is active in ty but looks like set and forget.Such a setup will be too complex and inconvenient for most people.
[...]
Using CF/CS with OSA and SH is like applying three kinds of diet. You will not be three times healthier.
Just updated from Emsisoft that ComodoFirewall might not be compatible, I had to uninstall it and system is somewhat faster now.Emsisoft and CruelComodo. That's enough to be protected.
Is it possible to make sure OSA is not blocking Windows Updates?OSA uses 3-rd party driver to apply real-time protection, so can have sometimes a compatibility problem with Windows 10 updates/upgrades.
No, I am afraid....
Is it possible to make sure OSA is not blocking Windows Updates?
For me it is still prompting updates (when manually searched) for 1809 no sign of 1903 yet.In the past, I disabled it (period) by going to the System tray, right-clicking on OSArmor shield icon and selecting "Protection"/Disable Protection. A restart of machine will re-enable OSArmor, so you could even un/reinstall it to be certain of no interference. It's only like 12-13 MB. My own experience in 1903: four cumulatives and OSArmor was active and did NOT interfere, perhaps because Windows processes like BITS are whitelisted automatically. Others may have differing experiences.
1903 is not automatic unless you use an unsupported build of Windows 10, you can trigger the update manually in the Windows Update.For me it is still prompting updates (when manually searched) for 1809 no sign of 1903 yet.
Yes, if you do it from an admin account.you can trigger the update manually in the Windows Update.
I was on admin account, should I chase this 1903 or I can still be happy with 1809?Yes, if you do it from an admin account.
Even so, it still might not be offered, if Windows detects things in your system that don't play well with 1903.
You will most probably be happier on 1809. Don't chase 1903, if you ask me...I was on admin account, should I chase this 1903 or I can still be happy with 1809?
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes