Battle OSArmor, SysHardener, Hard_Configurator; what are the differences?

Compare list
OSArmor
SysHardener
Hard_Configurator
In-depth Comparison

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
If a new malware includes an evasion technique or a new way to infect you without using a process or action blocked by the loaded rules, OSArmor will just watch it happen.

Great point, OSArmor is a helper software, thanks for throwing this into sharper focus, RoboMan (sorry, not acclimated to the new nick yet). If running Windows Defender, consider to enable the protective Sandbox. If you updated to 1903 recently, or even if you didn't, here is the quick tutorial because I don't believe it's enabled by default or whether your past setting was respected.

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
The more restrictions, the less user-friendly can be the application, and the more skills it requires.
This in regards of installing new software, not running what is already on the disk, so for example will it prevent me to launch or open a .AI file?

In my opinion, H_C, OSA, and SysHardener should not be used in combo with CF with CS settings (highly restricted autosandbox) because such protection would be inconvenient and too complex.
I have CruelComodo with OSA and SH, should I get rid of the last two?

Reactions: Dave Russo

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
This in regards of installing new software, not running what is already on the disk, so for example will it prevent me to launch or open a .AI file?
This is regards to both. H_C can be configured to prevent the user from opening any chosen file type. SysHardener and OSA cannot.
I have CruelComodo with OSA and SH, should I get rid of the last two?
I do not know. Anyway, such a setup will be too complex and inconvenient for most people.
Keep it, if it is easy and convenient for you.(y)
Using CF/CS with OSA and SH is like applying three kinds of diet. You will not be three times healthier.

Last edited:

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Such a setup will be too complex and inconvenient for most people.
[...]
Using CF/CS with OSA and SH is like applying three kinds of diet. You will not be three times healthier.
So far I'm not noticing any issue while I use the usual apps or install new ones, OSA in particular looks like doing nothing, no warning no pop sometimes I wonder if it was really installed ^____^ I see it is active in ty but looks like set and forget.

Reactions: Dave Russo

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Emsisoft and CruelComodo. That's enough to be protected.
Just updated from Emsisoft that ComodoFirewall might not be compatible, I had to uninstall it and system is somewhat faster now.

OSA uses 3-rd party driver to apply real-time protection, so can have sometimes a compatibility problem with Windows 10 updates/upgrades.
Is it possible to make sure OSA is not blocking Windows Updates?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
In the past, I disabled it (period) by going to the System tray, right-clicking on OSArmor shield icon and selecting "Protection"/Disable Protection. A restart of machine will re-enable OSArmor, so you could even un/reinstall it to be certain of no interference. It's only like 12-13 MB. My own experience in 1903: four cumulatives and OSArmor was active and did NOT interfere, perhaps because Windows processes like BITS are whitelisted automatically. Others may have differing experiences.

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
In the past, I disabled it (period) by going to the System tray, right-clicking on OSArmor shield icon and selecting "Protection"/Disable Protection. A restart of machine will re-enable OSArmor, so you could even un/reinstall it to be certain of no interference. It's only like 12-13 MB. My own experience in 1903: four cumulatives and OSArmor was active and did NOT interfere, perhaps because Windows processes like BITS are whitelisted automatically. Others may have differing experiences.
For me it is still prompting updates (when manually searched) for 1809 no sign of 1903 yet.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.