Osiris Browser

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I came across the Osiris Browser this looks like a pretty interesting browser, uses decentralization, blocks ads, says is an anonymous browser, uses something called "hyper-speed browsing" that is up to 7X faster than normal browsing and supports something called the dAppstore for blockchain games where it appears that you play to earn crypto currency.

Sounds almost to good to be true, going to be testing this out over the weekend.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
On google appstore, 100k+ downloads...but last update is from july

Microsoft classifies it as pup
pup123.png

On virustotal you can see those nfts are probably miners, i would not connect any crypto wallet on this browser

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
In general, I would say everyone should be careful using such browsers with very low user base, sometimes it's more at risk for privacy compared to big players like Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera. We never know what happens with users data while browsing, how those people as developers makes enough money to maintain this kind of browsers...
Not to mention possible real issues in terms of security vulnerabilities, most cases are outdated chromium versions.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I came across the Osiris Browser this looks like a pretty interesting browser, uses decentralization, blocks ads, says is an anonymous browser, uses something called "hyper-speed browsing" that is up to 7X faster than normal browsing and supports something called the dAppstore for blockchain games where it appears that you play to earn crypto currency.

Sounds almost to good to be true, going to be testing this out over the weekend.

brave offers all this aswell, you profile picture says youre from united states so you probably can earn 30 bat a month

If youre looking alternative privacy browser you could check ungoogled chromium

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
brave offers all this aswell, you profile picture says youre from united states so you probably can earn 30 bat a month

If youre looking alternative privacy browser you could check ungoogled chromium

I use Brave, however I am curious by nature and like testing out other browsers, this one looks interesting particularly due to decentralization which I believe is the future.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Here’s their contact page.

Their twitter doesn’t have much interaction

Reactions: Nevi

Kubla

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I have been testing out this browser, it is a Chromium based 64bit browser, it is pretty fast, has lot of security and privacy settings, uses a built in Adblock plus where you can select extra filters or add your own. I am not sure what the WebRTC setting do but on browserleaks.com it leaks the IP which is the case for most Chromium browsers, it is also 100% unique.

It has its own crypto wallet, you just need to give it a password and save a special 12 word code to set it up. The Integrated dAppstore is what I like the most so far, it has a market scroll and crypto news to keep you up to date. I have not played any yet but has a lot of games you can play to earn crypto, the one called Coba that is under development looks intriguing. From what I read these games are set up where you own the pixels so to speak, and you can buy, sell and trade in game items with other players instead of from the game maker like most games today.

Armor.jpgPrivacy.jpgWallet.jpgGames.jpg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.