New Update Osprey Browser Protection discussion and updates

Web Extensions
614 Replies 117,351 Views
Thread details
Would that be a feature you would like? It will slow down search result pages, and the safety badges won't update as fast as other extensions, given that Osprey makes up to 21 network calls per website, compared to Bitdefender's one.
 
Would that be a feature you would like? It will slow down search result pages, and the safety badges won't update as fast as other extensions, given that Osprey makes up to 21 network calls per website, compared to Bitdefender's one.
Hello @Foulest, yep. I think that it would be especially helpful for my coworkers, our patrons, and people who I recommend Osprey Browser Protection to. To help them avoid clicking on bad links, and to help train them to be a bit more cautious with links.
 
Hello @Foulest, Osprey Browser Protection is showing as not available at the Google Chrome Web Store right now for me:


Osprey Browser Protection Missing From Chrome Store Screenshot from 2026-08-31 03-26-08.jpg
 
Hello @Foulest, Osprey Browser Protection is showing as not available at the Google Chrome Web Store right now for me:


View attachment 299735

FYI, @Foulest already mentioned the reason, please take a look to quotes below or in this thread post #601

It’s a temporary issue and should hopefully be resolved soon. It was delisted due to a change in the description that flagged their filters.
 
@Foulest last night and this morning when I was using Osprey Website Safety Checker to check assumed false positives that OverPhish was detecting on FHMY.net.

To see if Osprey Browser Protection would detect those same links or not.

As I get an idea of how bad the false positives are before reporting them to OverPhish.

I noticed that AlphaMountain has been showing as Unavailable when I use Osprey Website Safety Checker to test some links the OverPhish detects as malicious / phishing (Telegram links, various others, but not all):

Osprey Website Safety Check AlphaMountain Not Available - Screenshot from 2026-09-08 15-18-18.png


The Osprey Status Page does not show anything wrong.

And trying those links on AlphaMountain ThreatYeti works, until you reach the daily limit, of course.

So I am not sure what is going on there and whether it is also impacting Osprey Browser Protection or not.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
@Foulest last night and this morning when I was using Osprey Website Safety Checker to check assumed false positives that OverPhish was detecting on FHMY.net.

To see if Osprey Browser Protection would detect those same links or not.

As I get an idea of how bad the false positives are before reporting them to OverPhish.

I noticed that AlphaMountain has been showing as Unavailable when I use Osprey Website Safety Checker to test some links the OverPhish detects as malicious / phishing (Telegram links, various others, but not all):

View attachment 299859

The Osprey Status Page does not show anything wrong.

And trying those links on AlphaMountain ThreatYeti works, until you reach the daily limit, of course.

So I am not sure what is going on there and whether it is also impacting Osprey Browser Protection or not.

Thank you.
Sorry for the late reply, work and life gets in the way. This is fixed.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top