Advice Request OutByte AVarmor scam or no?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I came across this today. Any info if this is legit?

It says this on their page:
Powered by a German-made antivirus engine, Outbyte AVarmor identifies and removes viruses, malware, and spyware threats from your PC. A range of other well-developed security features, such as anti-spy protection and advanced Internet privacy settings, are also part of the package, to help keep your PC as secure as possible.

(I wonder what german made AV engine?)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I came across this today. Any info if this is legit?

It says this on their page:
Powered by a German-made antivirus engine, Outbyte AVarmor identifies and removes viruses, malware, and spyware threats from your PC. A range of other well-developed security features, such as anti-spy protection and advanced Internet privacy settings, are also part of the package, to help keep your PC as secure as possible.

(I wonder what german made AV engine?)
Most likely Avira.

That big eared rabbit logo thing they use looks a bit ominous:devilish:

Regards Eck:)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Got this trying to access the link in OP. Scared the bejeebers outta me.

adguard blocked.png

VT: 0/83 outbyte.com

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Yes, they are using Avira signatures. Outbyte (and also TweakBit) products are published by Auslogics. It's a legit antivirus, but not worth using, just like most antiviruses using Avira signatures. As well as that, Auslogics is not a trustworthy company, as I've detailed in the following post.
However, I should add that since I posted that, they have released updated versions of their driver updater and, you can now update drivers using the free version. It just limits the amount of drivers you can update per day.

Outbyte software includes technologies developed by Auslogics Software Pty Ltd. and may include technologies developed by Driver Hive Bootstrap Development, LLC
Outbyte Driver Updater, along with Auslogics and TweakBit Driver Updater, are all based on DriverHive, but have a much better UI. They find more driver updates than DriverHive does, as it has not been updated since 2016.

Got this trying to access the link in OP. Scared the bejeebers outta me.
It's nothing to worry about. The website is safe, as evidenced by the VT scan results. Aside from that, it is very rare to get infected just by visiting a website.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.