Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I ran the utility as directed, log is attached. thank you for all your help.Helllo,
Before we begin, please note the following:
- I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
- Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
- Instructions that I give are for your system only!
- Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
- Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
- Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool![]()
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.![]()
![]()
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
![]()
Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!
- Right-click on
icon and select
Run as Administrator to start the tool.![]()
(XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).- Press the Fix button just once and wait.
- If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
- When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.
Please attach it to your reply.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes