Real-time security
Comodo Internet Security 10
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
EEK, CCE
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome x64 (Stable) with AppContainer enabled and all plugins sandboxed, Mozilla Firefox x64 (Stable)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner
File and Photo backup
Various cloud storages + external HDD
System recovery
OS built-in
D

Deleted member 2913

Great choice pablozi,
I try not to be critical of others choices in software so I kept (mostly) quiet about the reason you gave for switching from AdGuard to uBlock.
Deep in my gut though I was wondering "what is he thinking" lol
It's just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt, but AdGuard is superior to uBlock by way of function and offered config options.
I am not saying uBlock does not work, just that AdGuard works better.
I think you did the right thing in the end.
PeAcE
By default uBlock Origin is better than Adguard coz by default uBlock Origin works with few filters & blocks more than ads & Adguard works with EasyFilter & blocks ads only.

Both are quality softs. I do find Adguard Desktop little heavy on system startup.

And I am little disappointed that its been close to a month & yet they didn't fixed a serious bug mentioned here Latest Adguard Desktop Bug . For a limited data plan users like me the bug is a serious prob.

D

Deleted member 2913

ADDED: Internet Download Manager
Since my IDM giveaway license has expired and I cannot live without it I decided to buy a lifetime license :rolleyes:
I too am running IDM with giveaway lic.

What happens on lic expiry?

IDM lifetime lic -
You'll get the following advantages after the registration:
  • The license to use Internet Download Manager on one computer for any purpose and without any time limit
  • Additional features not available in the trial version like built-in download accelerator to achieve maximum download performance
  • Prioritized technical support
  • FREE upgrade to all new versions of IDM during 3 years. It will be possible to subscribe to updates at a discounted price in 3 years
Does this means after 3 years no free upgrades?

Internet Download Manager Registration

Last edited by a moderator:

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Update 21/01/2017

Removed: HitmanPro.Alert, Adguard extension for Google Chrome
Added: VoodooShield PRO, Heimdal PRO, Adguard for Windows

After a few experiments in last couple of months I decided to go back to one of my all time favorites: VS supported by Heimdal PRO :cool:

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Update 21/01/2017

Removed: HitmanPro.Alert, Adguard extension for Google Chrome
Added: VoodooShield PRO, Heimdal PRO, Adguard for Windows

After a few experiments in last couple of months I decided to go back to one of my all time favorites: VS supported by Heimdal PRO :cool:
May I ask why did you get rid of HMPA? VDS is my favourite and have tried Hiemdal.
Hiemdal PRO should be one of the best alternatives to MBAE, just that I'm not sure about how does the layered defense of it work as compared to MBAE.

Reactions: aragornnnn

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
May I ask why did you get rid of HMPA? VDS is my favourite and have tried Hiemdal.
Hiemdal PRO should be one of the best alternatives to MBAE, just that I'm not sure about how does the layered defense of it work as compared to MBAE.
The reason is really simple - my license has expired :(
HMP.A is also one of my all time favorites but I don't see the point of paying for it at the moment as I have still VS and Heimdal licenses available.
Maybe at some point I will go back to HMP.A but for now I feel secure enough.

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Removed: VS, Heimdal, Adguard, HitmanPro
Added: Comodo Internet Security 10, EEK, CCE

I just wanted to take the new CIS with Secure Shopping for a test drive.
Please note that this setup is 100% free :cool:

Reactions: Parsh

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Removed: VS, Heimdal, Adguard, HitmanPro
Added: Comodo Internet Security 10, EEK, CCE

I just wanted to take the new CIS with Secure Shopping for a test drive.
Please note that this setup is 100% free :cool:

I think you will get tired of cis very , very soon it puts a fairly big brake on the system and webbrowsing. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.