Panda are you kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Ok first of all buddy the following comments are NOT geared to flame you.
Ok buddy, same here.
But i did take the trouble to read your comments, and NONE of them even come close to reality.
Oh really?

I said:
And what of those that don't know or care about the technicalities, the ones that believe Panda's statement?
And you replied:
That means you are NOT qualified to make statements and objective comments if you are not prepared to understand how what and why.
Well, you see, I was talking about people that don't come to this kind of forum. If I don't agree with Panda's statements, how can I be a part of the group of "people that don't know or care about the technicalities, the ones that believe Panda's statement"?... Did I make myself clear now?

This is a MOMENT snap shot and does not reflect the other 200k malwares that are being released per hour.
So if a test proves that Panda is 100% then they can claim it.
Also people need to understand, that within the perfect config, you can achieve 100% detection.. however every little change that diverts from a perfect setting makes the effectiveness go down.
Usually its not the error of a AV engine for not detecting a malware, but individual user settings that override internal protocols that save guard you against malware. (Yes even most new ones)

I agree to the fact that Panda should not advertise with 100% but fact is everyone is doing it. And technically they are right to do so.
Anyway take my advise spend some time on the forums and read up. A whole world will open up for you.
Cheers m8
Then I suggest you read 1984, since you seem prone to believe two plus two equals five. A brave new world might open for you.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
O hell no Jaspion you are not going to twist my words around. Not going to happen and i will tell you why:

I don't like this kind of advertisement, for me it only works against the company when people actually check the facts, read opinions, etc, and see it's not like in the ad; at least that's how I react. Why do they need to exaggerate the truth if they are really good? I think that question may pop into the mind of many people.

And what of those that don't know or care about the technicalities, the ones that believe Panda's statement? Would you like to be treated like that?? Let's say you buy an antiseptic that kills 100% of germs, and you use it trustingly... you know the drill, when you or someone you care about gets infected because the antiseptic isn't really 100% effective all the time, it just got 100% in a test (but you didn't know about it), how would you feel? Would the phrase "Wow, that ad was really effective!" be the first thing on your mind?
This whole reply proves me right beyond the reasonable doubt. And i said:

That means you are NOT qualified to make statements and objective comments if you are not prepared to understand how what and why.
Which is right on the money here because you do not seem to understand why Panda and many others can claim this and being right.
Ok maybe i wrote it in the wrong way for that i am sorry. But what you wrote does not make sense it does not reflect the reality and the reason behind the ad itself.
But then again neither of us have to agree here as i do realize that you where trying to point out something.

Now in your defence you are 100% right about the fact that you do not like these kinds of advertisements and neither do i.
But technically they are not exaggerate anything, because YES a 100% detection can be achieved if the user does ALL the right things.
However 100% detection cannot be achieved if the user does NOT do the right things.
And that is a basic difference as others already pointed out, so no need for me to re-point it. But then again: http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/about/index
Just saying proof me wrong here. You cant and you know it but ill say one word: In the wild. (well thats 3 lol)

Then I suggest you read 1984, since you seem prone to believe two plus two equals five. A brave new world might open for you.
Jeeez really? Well then surprise me, because you do not have a clue about what i do and do not believe, because right now non of your comments make sense. But if you like i can provide you with enough official and accurate online sources that do proof you wrong.

D

Deleted member 178

at 3 everybody says:

xHO729p.gif

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
at 3 everybody says:

xHO729p.gif
WOOOOOSAAAAAAHHHHHHH ZENNNNNNNN Take a deep breath in and out....WOOOOOSAAAAAAHHHHHHH
Thanks buddy you just did free me of my inner demons.
Just annoys me when people do not know what they talk about. but then again what do i know? I talk BS every second.

Whahaha

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
O hell no Jaspion you are not going to twist my words around. Not going to happen and i will tell you why:

This whole reply proves me right beyond the reasonable doubt. And i said:
I'm not trying to twist your words, are you trying to twist mine? I said "for me it only works against the company when people actually check the facts, read opinions, etc, and see it's not like in the ad; at least that's how I react". I meant that's how I react when I go through the same process. In case you didn't realize, the process here was different; I'm the one who brought an opinion here in the first place, I didn't come here to check the facts, I read them already.

You say the user can achieve 100% "detection" of viruses with Windows' own defenses. Well, sorry but that's ridiculous, a UAC alert, for example, is not a virus alert. Of course people can defend themselves with UAC and other Windows settings, but that's not the same as 100% malware detection, and more importantly, they're not part of any antivirus!

D

Deleted member 178

people comes in forum like this with their ideas (right or wrong) and clichés, it is why we are here to educate those who are wrong and learn from those who are right.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
do not want to get involved but do not think he meant on Windows UAC

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
people comes in forum like this with their ideas (right or wrong) and clichés, it is why we are here to educate those who are wrong and learn from those who are right.
100% true.This is a community! I have known some of these people for more than a year.The community is only as strong as it's weakest link.
Remembering that we are not speaking and things can get twisted,we need to teach without saying (A) is soooooo wrong and (b) well he doesn't know what he is talking about and (exterminator) that guy is whacked or smoking something.

So I am like Panda 100% effective :confused::eek:

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
100% true.This is a community! I have know some of these people for more than a year.The community is only as strong as it's weakest link.
Remembering that we are not speaking and things can get twisted,we need to teach without saying (A) is soooooo wrong and (b) well he doesn't know what he is talking about and that (exterminator) that guy is whacked or smoking something.

So I am like Panda 100% effective :confused::eek:
100% agree with Captain Spaulding :cool:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013

Totally correct.

I'm not trying to twist your words, are you trying to twist mine? I said "for me it only works against the company when people actually check the facts, read opinions, etc, and see it's not like in the ad; at least that's how I react". I meant that's how I react when I go through the same process. In case you didn't realize, the process here was different; I'm the one who brought an opinion here in the first place, I didn't come here to check the facts, I read them already.

You say the user can achieve 100% "detection" of viruses with Windows' own defenses. Well, sorry but that's ridiculous, a UAC alert, for example, is not a virus alert. Of course people can defend themselves with UAC and other Windows settings, but that's not the same as 100% malware detection, and more importantly, they're not part of any antivirus!

I was specificity talking about Panda and its claim to 100% detection. I never talked about winblows UAC or any of that.
But while you are mentioning it let me say that a AV solution comes with general settings that within the right environment achieves 100% detection of the viruses in the wild. And this is what this topic was about.
And i also never said that winblows can achieve a 100% detection with its own defences. Because if thats the case then what are we talking about? It would effective put every AV Solution out of business.
But what i do say is that a AV solution has been tuned to fill the gaps within the Win OS. and Together they can achieve a 100% detection.
Which is obviously not to the credit of winblows because the AV does the trick and not winblows.

I'm the one who brought an opinion here in the first place, I didn't come here to check the facts, I read them already.
Right and that’s ok, fact is that people who read this forum will take things for granted afteral this is a malware forum.

I don't like this kind of advertisement, for me it only works against the company when people actually check the facts, read opinions, etc, and see it's not like in the ad; at least that's how I react. Why do they need to exaggerate the truth if they are really good? I think that question may pop into the mind of many people.
And even tho this is your opinion you are saying that they exaggerate the truth and that this might confuse people.
This really is not the case, because the reason they can claim it is because they have been tested precisely on that claim.
Obviously i see where you coming from, and maybe i was a bit harsh. But as one of the members here on the forum who does have years of EXP its important that people can read between the lines and that people get the right info.

Also you made a pretty big mistake in the initial post:
First I thought it was absurd already because of the fact they're advertising their technology has "100% detection", just like that, as a vague and bold statement that can lead users to believe it, users that don't know, as anyone browsing here does, that there simply is no such thing as 100% detection.

So I followed the link, to check again the AV-Comparatives results and see the 100% Panda must have got in the latest test (although I have seen the results before, and don't remember any 100%s... well, let's see).

Panda never claimed to have 100% protection but it does have 100% detection and AV-Comparatives is a protection test, while the VB-100 certification i posted is all about detection only.
So your whole topic itself is wrong.
And thats why i jumped on this to explain you how it works. Sure as i said i was a bot harsh.
Sorry about that.
But i hope you do now understand what i was trying to point out.
Now here CATCH: A cold bear and happy Christmas
And enjoy your time.

Cheers

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
To quote Ozzy Osbourne if I may "I'm (were) going off the rails on a crazy train"

Pretty much beat the 30 day Panda trial with 100% detection down to a 1 day trial with no detection.

Right or wrong it's just advertising,it's done everywhere in everything all over the world.Some feel passionate about this as being wrong or misleading and I can understand that.Some see it differently and that I can understand also

I think the only thing 100% is someday we are all going to die.Unless of course Panda finds a cure for death.

Disclaimer: The above is intended to add a little levity to the state of this thread and not pointed toward anyone in particular

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
The text says "We want to celebrate with you the excellent results achieved by our protection technologies: 100% detection!" I think they should include a reference to the tests where they got 100% score instead of just a link to the source. To me the way the ad is worded and the presence of a simple link as source may suggest (for those that don't follow the link, of course) that Panda offers 100% detection all the time, which is not even true in all of these tests from AV-C is it?

I won't bother to reply to everything. Just this:
Panda ever claimed to have 100% protection but it does have 100% detection and AV-Comparatives is a protection test, while the VB-100 certification i posted is all about detection only.
So your whole topic itself is wrong.

Virus Bulletin you say? A certification is not the same as 100% detection.

And Panda offers AV-Comparatives as a source:
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart2&year=2013&month=11&sort=0&zoom=3
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart1&year=2013&month=3&sort=0&zoom=3
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart1&year=2013&month=9&sort=0&zoom=3
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart2&year=2013&month=12&sort=0&zoom=3

Shall I go on?

Well, that's it. Um, sorry, your bear broke its neck and died when you threw it; you really shouldn't treat animals like that. Merry Christmas. (If you meant beer, then I'll just have a coffee here, thank you, but cheers anyway!)

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
The text says "We want to celebrate with you the excellent results achieved by our protection technologies: 100% detection!" I think they should include a reference to the tests where they got 100% score instead of just a link to the source. To me the way the ad is worded and the presence of a simple link as source may suggest (for those that don't follow the link, of course) that Panda offers 100% detection all the time, which is not even true in all of these tests from AV-C is it?

I won't bother to reply to everything. Just this:

Virus Bulletin you say? A certification is not the same as 100% detection.

And Panda offers AV-Comparatives as a source:
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart2&year=2013&month=11&sort=0&zoom=3
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart1&year=2013&month=3&sort=0&zoom=3
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart1&year=2013&month=9&sort=0&zoom=3
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart2&year=2013&month=12&sort=0&zoom=3

Shall I go on?

Well, that's it. Um, sorry, your bear broke its neck and died when you threw it; you really shouldn't treat animals like that. Merry Christmas. (If you meant beer, then I'll just have a coffee here, thank you, but cheers anyway!)

Shall I go on?
Please entertain us,
y26r.png

I really only see 100% detection being written on the ad.
On top of that in AV-C they have been downgraded from 100% to 99. something due to false positives.
See http://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/avc_prot_2013b_en.pdf
Section: Award levels reached in this test (page 13.)

Last time Panda Cloud Pro has been tested was: August 2012 http://www.virusbtn.com/vb100/archive/vendor?id=13
Regardless the fact that its not very nice by Panda to advertise in the way they are doing fact is that their 100% detection claim pretty much is true.
Non the less their protection is obviously not 100% as you so kindly pointed out. But then again i never said Panda claimed to have 100% protection.
Anyway in your defence why this add shows a link to AV-C is beyond me. Because in order for them to proof they should post the VB-100 test.

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.