Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Cmon you guys this thread is getting scary

ZGHEWSPdzDICSi6o.gif

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
No matter what we think about Panda, it appears that their innovative contributions cannot be ignored.

Besides that, 100% detection does not guarantee 100% removal. 100% detection by a cloud AV in some tests would not surprise me.

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Jaspion

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Panda do have good technology. I think their certifications, awards and test results should be enough to get them plenty of users. But a VB-100 certification is not the same as 100% detection rates in general. Why can't they say "In the latest test we detected 100% of the threats, however we did not get the VB-100 because of a couple of false positives that have already been fixed. Panda is working 24/7 to bring you exceptional protection... etc etc", or something like that?

D

Deleted member 178

Because:

Money money money
it is funny
In the rich man's world

-Abba-

Reactions: Gnosis

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Panda do have good technology. I think their certifications, awards and test results should be enough to get them plenty of users. But a VB-100 certification is not the same as 100% detection rates in general. Why can't they say "In the latest test we detected 100% of the threats, however we did not get the VB-100 because of a couple of false positives that have already been fixed. Panda is working 24/7 to bring you the best... etc etc", or something like that?

Now thats a sensible reply i want to reply to.
First of all you made some valid points and for both of us there is no need to turn this topic in a warzone.
It really does not matter what you think, or what i think and we both do not have to like Panda. (I do not like them one bit tbh)
But their certifications and their claims is something which is beyond our power right?
However for them to claim such serious claims they are going to need proof for that, keep in mind that the Malware protection industry is one of the most competitive ones out there, so if they would claim 100% detection then they better proof it or they would be hammered into the ground by their counter parts. As happened with others in the past.

Now i totally agree with
Why can't they say "In the latest test we detected 100% of the threats, however we did not get the VB-100 because of a couple of false positives that have already been fixed. Panda is working 24/7 to bring you the best... etc etc", or something like that?

But they did get their VB-100 for Cloud Pro. granted their other products did not get VB-100 as the link i showed did show some fails.
VB-100 is a certification of detecting "all viruses currently in the wild", and is a very respected award and you need a 100% score in detection to achieve this award. AV-C on the other-hand focusses more on protection and removal but does not work with "in the wild" methodology, but it does work with a sample set.
And as much i would like to agree with you their claims on that ad are valid. And thats something i cannot change, and i also do realize that a VB-100 test and a AV-C test is just a test based upon the moment.

Otherwise other vendors with high test scores would have done better, remember Mcafee getting huge credits for removal and such? And few months later it nearly went bankrupt because costumers where flocking to other Vendors, as Mcafee did fail to clean even normal tracking cookies.
But then again the test certification did show they where top notch.
And there where also situations where a AV vendor got burned to the ground by the almost ALL certifications and turned out to be one of the best AVś that a person could have.

Anyway shake hands and move on shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.