Advice Request Panda dome advanced .

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Panda hasn't got the best reputation, unfortunately, and like others have suggested, I too would consider refunding it. But if you're intent on keeping it, and if you adhere to safe browsing habits and best security practices, I personally wouldn't add any additional protection.

If you wish to bolster Panda's protective ability, and you're comfortable dealing with whitelisting applications, you could enable Application Control in Panda's settings. Doing so will block all unknown executables and ask for confirmation on whether you'd like them to run (Panda has its own internal whitelist of applications it considers safe. Those will be allowed to run without prompting you). Just be aware: Depending on how often you install new applications and how prevalent they are, enabling Application Control can cause you to be prompted a lot, and potentially places your decision on whether to allow an application to run, or to continue blocking it, as the sole barrier between your system remaining clean or being infected. If you're uncomfortable with this idea, I'd suggest not enabling this.

After that, you could also make use of Simple Windows Hardening or SysHardener to protect against malware utilizing scripts, binaries, libraries, etc.

Last edited:

Linus62

Thread author
Nov 5, 2016
Thank you all for your answers, that's why I was asking what to use with ...... maybe Secure APLUS which I saw free for three years? It is the first time I write from now on before doing anything I will seek advice in the forum . Anyway thanks to all, I'm a member of the community since 2016 but this is the first time I write consider that you are dealing with a neophyte near retirement .

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I guess it's time again for testing the most advanced version of Panda, maybe one of others Hub testers have interest to do the job?
I personally will continue testing BD free on the long run for at least 3 months, let's see how it does...

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
WiseVector SX (WVSX) will run alongside Panda Advanced. WVSX is a FREE antivirus that is structured NOT to cause problems when run alongside another antivirus, such as Panda Advanced. Running the WVSX/Panda combination will give you very good protection.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree with those who have suggested a Panda/VoodooShield (VS) combination. However, the WVSX/Panda is so very light that you should be able to run a WVSX/Panda/VS trio. That combo should not overburden your computer and is a superb security wall. (However, there is no longer a free version of VS.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and roger_m

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
WiseVector SX (WVSX) will run alongside Panda Advanced. WVSX is a FREE antivirus that is structured NOT to cause problems when run alongside another antivirus, such as Panda Advanced. Running the WVSX/Panda combination will give you very good protection.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree with those who have suggested a Panda/VoodooShield (VS) combination. However, the WVSX/Panda is so very light that you should be able to run a WVSX/Panda/VS trio. That combo should not overburden your computer and is a superb security wall. (However, there is no longer a free version of VS.)
Don't forget to enable real time protection in all three programs. It will be an interesting battle (haha).

• HaHa
Reactions: oldschool and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.