TairikuOkami

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
About time, they have finally updated it, there is no changelog, but at least we know, it is still supported.
The only downsize is, that you have to uninstall it first, restart, install, login and setup everything again.

Attachments

• capture_03162021_230032.jpg
    capture_03162021_230032.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 687

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I haven't used Panda Free for long times. Is it having bloatware in the free version like Avira?
No. It offers to install Opera and I think Panda's toolbar, but you can skip that and Panda News can be disabled. It feels, like I have no AV installed, just as I always wanted. :)

Attachments

• capture_03172021_092033.jpg
    capture_03172021_092033.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 576

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
hi, how is the performance compared to wisevector?
Thanks for the suggestion, added to my recommended AVs. Overall it seems nice, features, GUI, light, easy install/uninstall with no leftovers (that is pretty amazing actually).
Then again it is running hot sometimes, upon detection CPU goes up to 80% and during a normal usage it goes up to 20% (Panda 0,05%), it is not that bad, but still.
It is always doing something (CPU, I/O), even though if it is negligible, it is slightly annoying. I also do not like, that it is running elevated at all times.

Attachments

• capture_03172021_094055.jpg
    capture_03172021_094055.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 536
  • capture_03172021_094413.jpg
    capture_03172021_094413.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 513

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thanks for the suggestion, added to my recommended AVs. Overall it seems nice, features, GUI, light, easy install/uninstall with no leftovers (that is pretty amazing actually).
Then again it is running hot sometimes, upon detection CPU goes up to 80% and during a normal usage it goes up to 20% (Panda 0,05%), it is not that bad, but still.
It is always doing something (CPU, I/O), even though if it is negligible, it is slightly annoying. I also do not like, that it is running elevated at all times.
I find WV consumes a lot of CPU in a few days. After it has enough caches, it will consume less
by the way, for some reasons, I'm not happy with the performance of WV on windows 10 compared to windows 8.1. It seems to use more CPU on win10

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Lightest AV ever on my system was Cylance. Even after all the negative opinions about it, I think that advanced users who don’t click on every link or "Increase p...... length by 10% with this tool"-popups on some shady sites, will have a solid protection with minimal system impact. It lacks script protection, but that shouldn’t be a problem in day to day use either. In the last update their engine got an improvement that is supposed to lower false positive rate and increase protection. Made a test on it yesterday and my test system got encrypted by Ransomware, but after checking out the same sample 5 minutes later it got detected and blocked. They seem to have a very quick cloud analysis. In the end I think it offers enough protection with a very low system impact for experienced PC users like you @TairikuOkami.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.