Panda Global Protection 2018 beta ?

marg

Level 12
Verified
If its like the Panda AV I was using, It might bring you to tears. Here is what happened to me a few years ago: I got the popup that new definitions were available so, I downloaded them & BAM I got all kinds of Trojans & Malware..! I had to reformat my Win7 system to get rid of it all. I will not ever use Panda again because of this.

kev216

Level 20
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
When will the Panda Global Protection 2018 beta ?
It's too early in the year for them to release a beta for 2018 already. I guess it will come in the 3th or 4th quarter of the year, but it depends on the vendor of course. They will probably display it here, when they are ready to release the preview.

Windows_Security

Level 18
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 7
If its like the Panda AV I was using, It might bring you to tears. Here is what happened to me a few years ago: I got the popup that new definitions were available so, I downloaded them & BAM I got all kinds of Trojans & Malware..! I had to reformat my Windows 7 system to get rid of it all. I will not ever use Panda again because of this.
Definitions download for a Cloud AV, are you sure?

shmu26

Level 67
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
Definitions download for a Cloud AV, are you sure?
Sounds like he got a malware popup that falsely claimed it was Panda.

An experienced Panda user would know that you don't get such popups at all, and would be suspicious.

marg

Level 12
Verified
I did not know at the time it was Cloud based. I am not a Tech Guru that knows everything.

shmu26

Level 67
Content Creator
Verified
OS
Windows 10
I did not know at the time it was Cloud based. I am not a Tech Guru that knows everything.
No problem. I am glad you shared your experiences, I learned from them.