Panda Global Protection 2018 beta ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
If its like the Panda AV I was using, It might bring you to tears. Here is what happened to me a few years ago: I got the popup that new definitions were available so, I downloaded them & BAM I got all kinds of Trojans & Malware..! I had to reformat my Win7 system to get rid of it all. I will not ever use Panda again because of this.

Reactions: Andytay70

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
When will the Panda Global Protection 2018 beta ?
It's too early in the year for them to release a beta for 2018 already. I guess it will come in the 3th or 4th quarter of the year, but it depends on the vendor of course. They will probably display it here, when they are ready to release the preview.

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
If its like the Panda AV I was using, It might bring you to tears. Here is what happened to me a few years ago: I got the popup that new definitions were available so, I downloaded them & BAM I got all kinds of Trojans & Malware..! I had to reformat my Windows 7 system to get rid of it all. I will not ever use Panda again because of this.

Definitions download for a Cloud AV, are you sure?

Reactions: Ink and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Definitions download for a Cloud AV, are you sure?
Sounds like he got a malware popup that falsely claimed it was Panda.

An experienced Panda user would know that you don't get such popups at all, and would be suspicious.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I did not know at the time it was Cloud based. I am not a Tech Guru that knows everything.

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I did not know at the time it was Cloud based. I am not a Tech Guru that knows everything.
No problem. I am glad you shared your experiences, I learned from them.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
when will the Panda 2018 beta ? what news version 2018 ?
Still not released yet. Please be patient, as long as they don't display anything on their beta page, it will not be available. It's also still quite early in the year to release their 2018 beta already.

Reactions: spaceoctopus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.