Password Managers 2019

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
I do not mind paying I actually prefer paying for something that crucial so that I know that the developers make money out of it so they doing their best. That's how business work. I already pay 60€ a year for 1Password family plan. I am just looking for a good alternative (paid) because I do not like how 1Password works with autofilling

Last pass is year ahead for auto filling but I am worried about their security....

I use the autofill feature with hotkey,, because this is the fastest way. For Example CTRL+X

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Hello

I have been using 1Password couple years now, but I feel sadly for a change. What do you recommend? What is the state of Password Managers at 2019?

I see password managers like Keeper and Dashlane getting bigger? While Lastpass seems to have really slow development?

If it's served you well, why do you want to change ?
Chrome can act as a password manager, it syncs across devices and your passwords can be encrypted & protected from even Google reading them like commercial password managers do.
You could use eg Keepass to generate passwords and store them in Chrome.

Using Chrome for this also has the advantage that you don't need a browser extension, therefore reducing the attack surface. Eg LastPass browser extension had been vulnerable in the past.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Actually is € 26.95 for Sticky while Bitwarden offers it for free :)
Bitwarden is nice, but only 1 programmer working on it does not want me to use it.
I have tried it but somethings are just not finished with it.

If the programmer suddenly think, hey F*** this, then no more updates or security patches will be available.

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Bitwarden is nice, but only 1 programmer working on it does not want me to use it.
I have tried it but somethings are just not finished with it.

If the programmer suddenly think, hey F*** this, then no more updates or security patches will be available.
What's not finished?

Reactions: CyberTech

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
All is fine and dandy with LastPass until you start using the import / export feature. Exporting your database can be a major pain in the ass.
Bitwarden all the way for me. I started using it recently, no complains so far. If it remains trouble free after a couple of months I will pay for the 'Families' option just to support the developer.

CyberPanther

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Hello

I have been using 1Password couple years now, but I feel sadly for a change. What do you recommend? What is the state of Password Managers at 2019?

I see password managers like Keeper and Dashlane getting bigger? While Lastpass seems to have really slow development?

Hello,
I suggest for you Norton Password Manager. It is free and works excellent in multiple platforms.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I use Keepass as my main password manager on my PC. I make a backup of Keepass Database on an external hard disk and another one in Microsoft OneDrive Personal Vault. I also use Enpass on all my devices: I have only maybe 50% of the passwords or information on it, the stuff I need when traveling. Very easy to sync passwords with Enpass.
On my friends computers, I install Keepass. Each year,they make a print of all the passwords and put it in a safe box. It is readable! Keepass database keeps in memory the passwords you delete. On many occasions, it saved my bacon!

JimHdy

Level 1
Oct 6, 2019
Password managers are never a good idea in my opinion. If you can't remember your passwords, then your better off putting them on and encrypted flash drive or file on your computer.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Password managers are never a good idea in my opinion. If you can't remember your passwords, then your better off putting them on and encrypted flash drive or file on your computer.
some passwords arent worth remembering, for example for leisure sites , you create weak passwords hence a password manager is useful.

Reactions: reystar

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
I personally use Enpass. Something Enpass does right that I've seen in no other is that by default you have multiple fields for login, such as username, email, password, and many others, whereas you typically only have username and password.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.