[*]RoboForm
[/LIST]
In-depth Comparison

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
What of the following software do you use as password manager? In particular I want to find a solution able to auto-fill login credentials in both websited and desktop apps that is secure and stored encrypted data, possibly locally and/or in the cloud.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
What of the following software do you use as password manager? In particular I want to find a solution able to auto-fill login credentials in both websited and desktop apps that is secure and stored encrypted data, possibly locally and/or in the cloud.
The only one I’ve heard no complaints about auto filling for is lastpass. I know Bitwarden has the functionality, but has occasional issues. They have definitely improved, though.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Have used Sticky Password, Lastpass, Dashlane, Roboform, Password Boss, Remembear, Enpass, Bitwarden, and 1Password. I always come back to 1Password. Although very expensive, it offers the best functionality (I know it has some quirks when it comes to autofill). 1Password X extension is much better than their desktop app (along with its companion extension). The extension is very light and it allows you to scan the QR code and add the 2FA key with a single click which I find amazing. The autofill of OTP is amazing too. The Android and iOS are very light, but I feel that the Android app is somewhat buggy on Android 10 (sometimes it does not offer autofill and you have to tap the login box many time for it to offer that functionality). Sticky Password is very solid but it does not get updated much and Firefox extension slows down the browser.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Mmm... I'll take a guess: probably because Keepass is not in the cloud.
Indeed. Even if I would have 100% trust in the cloud and the encryption, passwords can be stolen at the browser level, there were vulnerabilities.
Opensource does not guarantee, that it is safe. Just look at the openssl fiasco, vulnerable for years, used by all and found out only by an accident.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
I am using 1Password because of the understanding that without the Secret-Key nobody has access to my Password DB. Of course no system is perfect but at least not really hackable with ease. Got paranoid because of a Application that was able to decrypt the database stores of well known Password Managers. One I have an eye on as well is BitWarden out of the reason that it can be self-hosted.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.