Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I don't know how were you able to provide FRST reports. Please download fresh copy of FRST from the link above and try again. If it fails, please procede with ComboFix...

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Me either. I expected it to run just fine. Would you mind sending me that link again?

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Right. I have downloaded that four times. I can go to Programs to check if it is there> It is not.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Untitled 1.png
    Untitled 1.png
    318.8 KB · Views: 104

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Got that done. See attached. Sorry for the trouble.

Attachments

• log 2.txt
    22.3 KB · Views: 127

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Very good :)

Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below:
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
Folder::
c:\program files (x86)\Mega Browse
c:\program files (x86)\Linkey
c:\program files (x86)\MyPC Backup
c:\programdata\~0
c:\program files (x86)\Settings Manager
c:\programdata\systemk
c:\users\hogan\AppData\Roaming\Activeris
c:\programdata\Activeris
c:\program files (x86)\Activeris AntiMalware
c:\progra~2\Linkey

File::
c:\windows\system32\acrisnative64.exe

Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\~\Browser Helper Objects\{4D9101D6-5BA0-4048-BDDE-7E2DF54C8C47}]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\~\Browser Helper Objects\{4e6cd411-ce62-4584-97ff-6afbcf6900af}]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=-

Driver::
hlnfd
Updater Service
Update Mega Browse
Util Mega Browse

ClearJavaCache::

Save this as CFScript.txt

CFScriptB-4.gif

Close all browser windows and refering to the picture above.

Referring to the screenshot above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.
ComboFix will will re-run. When finished, it will produce a log for you.
Attach the contents of the log in your next reply. (typical location: C:\ComboFix.txt )

***** NEXT *****

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    autoclean;
    emptyclsid;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

***** NEXT *****

Tell me how is the situation now?

==========================================================================================================
Things I need you to do:

- ComboFix report
- Zoek report
- How is the situation now?
=======================================================================================================================

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
How is the situation now? Nervewracking. I got a lot of warnings from our malware friends about zoek. After this, I open up a browser and still the malware is smiling at me. It seems endless, but probably to you, too.

Attachments

• log.xml2.txt
    29.4 KB · Views: 152
  • zoek-results.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 120
  • JPG.png
    JPG.png
    357.8 KB · Views: 103

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
> Re-run zoek with the script below and attach here fresh zoek log results.

Code:
Linkey for Firefox;ff
Snap.Do;ff
Settings Manager;ff
Mega Browse;ff
Addons Engine;ff
SySaver;ff
autoclean;
emptyalltemp;
emptyclsid;
ipconfig /flushdns;b

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Mozilla looks good. Chrome does not. I tried to capture the picture of the baseball player but had trouble for some reason. I no longer have Activerius antimalware on my computer. How else can I check to see how we are doing?

Attachments

• zoek-results.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 140

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I don't really need all these web browsers if that would help. Internet Explorer seems ok too

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I did that, but still didn't work so I defaulted to original settings and it looks good. Where does this leave us, kind sir?

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
It seems just fine. Unbelievable that you helped me and I could follow thru, barely at times. Do we not need to run something to make sure all those malware threads are gone? Or do you already know that?

I have taken 'Total Defense " off my machine because it was interfering and it seems like a joke now. Any recommendations? I think I have the Windows Firewall on, but I have never really used it. Do you think I am vulnerable now?

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
It seems just fine. Unbelievable that you helped me and I could follow thru, barely at times. Do we not need to run something to make sure all those malware threads are gone? Or do you already know that?

I have taken 'Total Defense " off my machine because it was interfering and it seems like a joke now. Any recommendations? I think I have the Windows Firewall on, but I have never really used it. Do you think I am vulnerable now?

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014

I see there is a six free license for Bitdefener on your website. I got a license number and says I can download it. BUT I am very nervous about downloading anything.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
We will clean all used tools in the last step. About Total Antivirus, I've never heard about it, but it seems like a decent one. Never use more than one antivirus. You can uninstall Spybot, because it is useless. Much better product is MalwareBytes, that you can use for occasional scan.

I can recommend you this software to avoid Adware in the future:

http://unchecky.com/

Read here how it works --> http://www.howtogeek.com/179758/how-to-avoid-junkware-offers-with-unchecky/

The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
It was Total Defense. I THOUGHT I had already uninstalled SPYBOT. Bitdefender?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.