Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anyone

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I can do a find for it and it says it is program files, but it is not listed in control panel but in Revoinstall.
upload_2014-4-7_16-24-2.png

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
Zoek_icon.png
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Unpack the archive...
  • Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program. (If necessary)
    If you are unsure how to do this please read this or this Instruction.
  • Double click on zoek.exe to run the tool .
    Please wait while the tool does not start...
  • Copy the text present inside the code box below and paste it into the large window in the zoek tool:
    NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
    createsrpoint;
    StandardSearch; 
    installer-list; 
    installedprogs; 
    uninstall-list;
  • Click on
    Run%20Script%20by%20zoek.png
    button.
    Please wait until a logreport will open (this can be after reboot)
  • Save notepad to your Desktop and attach here zoek-results.log
    Note: It will also create a log in the C:\ directory named "zoek-results.log"

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
> Re-run zoek with the script below and attach here fresh zoek log results.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Code:
Activeris AntiMalware;u
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Activeris AntiMalware;fs
C:\Users\hogan\Downloads\AntiMalware-Installer.exe;fs
emptyclsid;

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Hi,
Random questions, I had downloaded Bit defender from license key from your website. I then uninstalled when we were doing more checks and texts. I downloaded it again and got this message about Etrust, but I don't see that program anywhere. Also I am getting a message from Windows telling me it cannot find place or disk where backups are stored. AND, I see I could buy you beer. How much does beer cost where you are?

Attachments

• upload_2014-4-8_19-25-4.png
    upload_2014-4-8_19-25-4.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 104

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Look for it in Control Panel? And tell me did you first uninstall other antivirus before installing Bitdefender? I already told you it is very bad idea to have more than one. About beer, five dollars would be good. But don't bother if this is too much for you ;)

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Not in Control panel under Programs. Not in revouninstall. Nothing comes up in a search, and yes I totally uninstalled Total Defense with Revouninstall, AND I already installed Bit Defender the first time after uninstalling Total Defense and it worked fine and have installed NOTHING since. Thus the question.

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
the only thing that came up was drop box. I left it alone;however I found this online. What do you think? Made me a nervous.

How Can I Remove Etrust from My Computer?
To remove eTrust from a computer close all programs to clear the desktop and move to the start button. Click on 'Run' to activate a new window where you type 'Regedit' and press the keyboard 'enter' button. This will open a registry window where you remove the 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREComputerAssociates' entry. Run an 'UnVet32.exe' command to ensure that the entry does not display. Finally open the recycle bin folder on the desktop and empty it.

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
and this: Perhaps I got this from my bank this weekend. Is everyone as difficult as me???

"This antivirus is known to have problems related to its uninstallation. Please open Windows folder and look for a file UnVet32.exe. If it's there, then the antivirus failed to uninstall properly.

You will need to perform manual steps in order to completely remove it. Open your favorite file manager (if you have any) and delete the following files:

C:\Windows\AVShlExt.dll
C:\Windows\System32\ISafeIf.dll
C:\Windows\System32\iSafProd.dll
C:\Windows\System32\VetRedir.dll
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\VetEBoot.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\VetEFile.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\VetFDDNT.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Vet-Filt.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\VetMonNT.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Vet-Rec.sys
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus

Then open Start > Run > type regedit and press Enter. Navigate to HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\Anti-Virus and delete this entry plus the ComputerAssociates one. While you are in Windows folder, run the executable again and it will tell you that the product has been completely uninstalled."

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I did a search for Unvet32.exe but didn't find anything but I don't think a simple find is what they are looking for.

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Didn't work. Same message. "Need to uninstall Etrust." Did you read the logs up above about uninstalling Etrust via deleting Registry entry?

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I did go to registry and did not find the California Associates there. I have found comments about uninstalling CA Etrust and others saying they can't find it anywhere but Bitdefender won't install but so far can't find a road map.

sahh

Thread author
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I think I am ready to give up on Bitdefender. I sent their support an email and they asked for the license key and it said it wasn't valid, doubled checked from email and it was right. This is taking way too much time and you have helped so much on the main situation.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.