Advice Request PC-MAG Emsisoft AM review 10/2018

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarquest

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
  • Pros
    Very good independent lab scores. Excellent score in our malware protection test. Behavioral detection successfully blocked ransomware. Surfing protection is browser-independent. Inexpensive.
  • Cons
    Dismal score in our phishing protection test. Few scores from independent labs. Behavioral detection failed against ransomware launched at startup.
  • Bottom Line
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware effectively handles the basic tasks of malware protection, including ransomware. Its few lab test results are good, as are its scores on our in-house malware protection tests, though it tanked on our antiphishing test.

idaho

Level 1
Verified
Nov 1, 2015
Few scores from independent labs and effectively handles the basic tasks of malware protection convince me over 8 years ago be paid customer for Emsisoft and I had no single security problem on my PC from that time. On my recommendation is using this product most of my family and friends, everybody have just good experience with Emsisoft. My personal statement about Emsisoft, but I like to share my opinion.

Reviews & Awards | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Reactions: oldschool
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.