Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
not
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
not
Hi my new pc.

12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73 ( 40-50C in Far Cry 6 )

2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1

RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming

Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5

SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE

Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading pc shutts off and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally. Is my pc fine? Why pc shuts off ( OFF ) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ? Pc not rebooted. Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.

It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready.
But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although Seasonic is a quality product, sounds like your PSU is in the initial stage of expiring (been there). If you can live with the annoyance keep it until it fails (and replacing the PSU is a trivial matter if you have to go that route).

Upvote 0

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
What you are experiencing is typical of a unit being intermittently unable to supply enough power during some sort of increased system load- and the click you are hearing confirms this (it is in essence cutting off due to a voltage supply imbalance which can come from a number of things, none of which are realistically reparable).

As long as you can live with it I personally would ride that pony until it dies, but at the same time look for a good sale on a new PSU (Corsair is also a good choice).

Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Although Seasonic is a quality product, sounds like your PSU is in the initial stage of expiring (been there). If you can live with the annoyance keep it until it fails (and replacing the PSU is a trivial matter if you have to go that route).
I disagree, the power checks are way before the PC starts booting Windows, and for sure as hell doesn't mean faulty PSU, it can mean the PSU is not powerful enough for that build.

OP needs to be more specific as to when the PC is turning OFF.

As for faulty PSU it causes the system to become unstable far more often than down right shutting down the system, not to mention the coil whine.

Reactions: [correlate]
Upvote 0

sew333

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 11, 2016
How 1300W psu cant be enough? How can be faulty if on high load i dont have any shutdowns?

Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]
Upvote 0
L

Local Host

How 1300W psu cant be enough? How can be faulty if on high load i dont have any shutdowns?
I did not look at your specs, you have one of the best PSUs of the market, I doubt it's faulty like I already stated.

Your PC may not be properly setup however, and like I said you need to be more specific as to when the PC is turning OFF.

Upvote 0

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
I did not look at your specs, you have one of the best PSUs of the market, I doubt it's faulty like I already stated.

Your PC may not be properly setup however, and like I said you need to be more specific as to when the PC is turning OFF.
Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading pc shutts off and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally. Is my pc fine? Why pc shuts off ( OFF ) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ? Pc not rebooted. Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.

Windows 10 was loading then turn off itself thats what he meant

Upvote 0
L

Local Host

Windows 10 was loading then turn off itself thats what he meant
You would be surprised on what people consider Windows 10 loading, I would never assume that as the answer with years of experience working in IT support.

I say the problem is on the memory XMP profile OP used, it was unstable and the PC shutdown, by default the BIOS will reset the profile when that happens, so PC turned on fine on the second attempt (cause the XMP profile was no longer enabled).

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically
Could be improper Intel MEI flashed FW issue wherein a system might reboot after 30 mins or boot very slow or even get stuck at UEFI/BIOS/OEM logo screen for 10-15 mins.
Try reflashing BIOS from Asus EZFlash through FAT16/32 USB drive.
Also check for magnets or any thing that could cause interference if spread spectrum is disabled. (Highly unlikely though).

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 94654

The OP states that the "shutdown" only happened once in the past; it is not a recurring issue. They are asking you for an explanation as to why a one-time event happened.

Upvote 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.