Pc starts in very long time

hkr

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I don't have a problem but pc starts take very long time.I have got İ7 4770K.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Ruling out a nasty malware/virus run: msconfig & select STARTUP & see whats loading.

hkr

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I opened Bitdefender StartUP Optimizer and I see it.

Attachments

• Ekran Alıntısı.JPG
    Ekran Alıntısı.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 494
  • Ekran Alıntısı1.JPG
    Ekran Alıntısı1.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 555
  • Ekran Alıntısı2.JPG
    Ekran Alıntısı2.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 466

hkr

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
I cleaned it yesterday and I'm making it everyday.And I defragged it yesterday.

I

illumination

I cleaned it yesterday and I'm making it everyday.And I defragged it yesterday.
What are using to defrag, does it have optimization capabilities "moving important files to the faster part of the disk"

hkr

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Yes I know it.I defragged my pc yesterday.Because I have got big games WatchDogs,Cod:Ghosts,Battlefield 4,Battlefield 3,AC Black Flag,Crysis 3,FarCry 3,Mafia 2,Hitman Absolution,NFS Rivals

I

illumination

Yes I know it.I defragged my pc yesterday.Because I have got big games WatchDogs,Cod:Ghosts,Battlefield 4,Battlefield 3,AC Black Flag,Crysis 3,FarCry 3,Mafia 2,Hitman Absolution,NFS Rivals
There is mostly likely the answer. Large amount of files to load, try another defrag program like Auslogics Free, it has a Defrag&Optimize selection, that will move all of your important system files to the faster part of your HHD, for quicker start up times.

S

starchild76

bitdefender also has a huge impact on boottime. did you allready disables unnessecary startup items via msconfig?

Reactions: marg
I

illumination

Yes but I have got Intel i7 4770K so I am very shocked
Processor power, will only go so far, when you have a HHD, which if a 5200 RPM, will bottle neck that speed. If tons of program files on that same HHD have caused system fragmentation/entropy, this will decrease the speed as well.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

hkr

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
My HDD is Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200RPM. My port is 6gb/s(Sata 3.0(III))

I

illumination

My HDD is Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200RPM. My port is 6gb/s(Sata 3.0(III))
7200 is decent, but @ 1TB, that is massive space. Try the suggestions above. With all the heavy games, you are going to want to move your system files to the faster part of your HHD.

D

Deleted member 21043

I have a £350 laptop with a Dualcore Intel i3 processor (1.8ghz), 6GB DDR3 RAM and I have large files like Team Fortress 2 (about 9GB), DOTA 2, Battlefield 3, Sniper 2 V Elite and so on and my laptop boots very quickly. So, I doubt that is the problem.

If you have i7 processor, that is very strange then.

D

Deleted member 21043

But yeah like illumination said, move your system parts to faster part of your HDD and see if that works.

I

illumination

I have a £350 laptop with a Dualcore Intel i3 processor (1.8ghz), 6GB DDR3 RAM and I have large files like Team Fortress 2 (about 9GB), DOTA 2, Battlefield 3, Sniper 2 V Elite and so on and my laptop boots very quickly. So, I doubt that is the problem.

If you have i7 processor, that is very strange then.
Are you running windows 7 or windows 8?

hkr

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Windows 8's startup time is very short but Win7 64 bit had very long startup time

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.