Verified
Aug 7, 2016
PC Specifications:

CPU: i7 4790K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970
PSU: Corsair CX750 750W
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-HD3
RAM: 16Gb

Hi, so for a while now I have been experiencing an issue where I would be in game and suddenly my PC would turn completely off, an example of game I have played where this has occurred was DayZ SA.

I first experienced this issue a few months back but took little notice and uninstalled steam because of college work, however recently I tried playing DayZ SA again and the issue occurred again.

I have in the past tried monitoring CPU and GPU temps whilst in game and they were normal when the issue occurred.

I have also considered it might be my PSU causing the issue but considering reliability and stability of corsair PSU's I have not concluded that this is the issue yet.

Any help to assist me in resolving my issue would be very appreciated.

Theoretical

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 7, 2016
Hi sorry forgot to mention that, after removing the GPU and clearing the again CMOS I tested with the intergrated motherboard graphics on the same settings on Aida64 for more than an hour and there was no system shutdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: nclr11111
Upvote 0

Theoretical

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Aug 7, 2016
Hi, I got a new GPU 1060 6GB to replace the 970, I ran Aida64 for 2hours and there was no shutdown so I concluded the issue was fixed. The plan was to sell the 970 replacement to makeup for the money spent on the new card. So went and bought a new game; H1Z1 King of the Kill and after playing for a total of 3 hours the computer shut down, so currently I am refunding the 1060 and still have no clue what the issue is.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl
Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hi, I got a new GPU 1060 6GB to replace the 970, I ran Aida64 for 2hours and there was no shutdown so I concluded the issue was fixed. The plan was to sell the 970 replacement however to makeup for the money spent on the new card. I bought a new game; H1Z1 King of the Kill and after playing for a total of 3 hours the computer shut down, so currently I am refunding the 1060 and still have no clue what the issue is.
Damn that is sad. You need a better shop that doesn't have lazy people and can do a proper test. What he did was a joke.

Upvote 0

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
....saw this thread few minutes ago: the thread has seven pages... seems to be a big problem....
If you want you can create a thread in this forum: Sysnative Forums

This guys has helped me out already 3 times some months ago. Had problems with my brand new gaming laptop:
*) a BSOD
*) W8.1 update didn't work at all
*) two online games were crashing with a black screen.

This board has a very good reputation.

cu and good luck.... !

Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Sorry for the late reply, I swapped out the PSU and RMA'd it and so far everything has been good.

However whilst I was taking it out I realised the power supply actually had a lot of dust built up inside of it and so that might have been the issue.
Nice. Congrats mate.
At least you learned something important. Never go to that bad shop that didn't even try to replace the psu and blamed a random part.Usually they blame the motherboard but in your case i assume he wanted to try and sell a gpu :p

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.