Troubleshoot PC won't boot up. Motherboard shows Red Lights on CPU and DRAM

Step22

Thread author
Apr 4, 2021
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
PC not Booting. 2 Red light signal on the Motherboard for CPU and DRAM.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Swapping RAM, Change HDMI Port.
Recently got a new desktop pc, it was working fine for 2 weeks until it didn't boot up to the monitor anymore. It does still power up and the fans,cooler,ram all light up.

MotherBoard: MSI B350
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
GPU: NVidia gtx 1050 ti
RAM: ADATA RAM Gaming XPG DDR4 3200 MHz

Reactions: [correlate]

AlexCa

From Windows Repair Toolbox
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Recently got a new desktop pc, it was working fine for 2 weeks until it didn't boot up to the monitor anymore. It does still power up and the fans,cooler,ram all light up.

MotherBoard: MSI B350
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
GPU: NVidia gtx 1050 ti
RAM: ADATA RAM Gaming XPG DDR4 3200 MHz

Since it's a new PC, bought just 2 weeks ago, I guess that it's still under warranty. If that's the case, I suggest that you take it back to to store and not try to fix it yourself, in order to avoid voiding the warranty.

Note: this is assuming that your monitor and cables are ok.

Upvote 1

Step22

Thread author
Apr 4, 2021
Let's try the comos battery replacement first.

Are the fans not working at all? If they are working and you don't see any video on the monitor, check the port on the monitor side for loose cables as well.
I once had this issue and replaced cmos battery.
Some more tips here
I tried replacing cmos but didn't get any result, Fans working fine when i turn on the pc but still won't boot into the monitor, Red lights are still active the ones on CPU and DRAM
Did you see the screen logo as MSI when turn on the monitor? did the screen say something like ''No boot'' or something like this?
No screen logo, just at my monitor displaying only the "no signal" screen, hdmi cable and port doing fine.
Since it's a new PC, bought just 2 weeks ago, I guess that it's still under warranty. If that's the case, I suggest that you take it back to to store and not try to fix it yourself, in order to avoid voiding the warranty.

Note: this is assuming that your monitor and cables are ok.
well warranty is still active for some of my parts, but i don't think they're the issue.

Upvote 0

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It seems to me that I am having problems with the output to the monitor. If you have a spare HDMI cable, try replacing it with the one you are currently using. In some cases, the cable is damaged inside.
The same goes for graphics cards. If you don't have them at hand, it's also an effective way to bring it to a shop and have it diagnosed.

Upvote 0

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
It looks like you plugged into wrong port or something i'm talking about graphics card have you tried different port? and different cable? are you sure the HDMI cable is working? try to plug into something for test as TV or something..
Edit: agree with AlexCa, don't touch thing inside the case, bring it to back where you bought from they would check

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.