PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Hello, Guys!
This Is my Latest Security setup on my main PC Running Windows 10
I'm a Gamer So I dont have that many security programs running As I need the pc to stay light for the games
But Still be on a really good Protection Level!

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Hello, Guys!
This Is my Latest Security setup on my main PC Running Windows 10
I'm a Gamer So I dont have that many security programs running As I need the pc to stay light for the games
But Still be on a really good Protection Level!
If you want light security+ good security use Avira browser safety, Windows defender, Voodooshield.

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
If you want light security+ good security use Avira browser safety, Windows defender, Voodooshield.
Explain why?
I have Emsisoft Its really light
And Windows Defender I hate It very much Its so bad
VoodooShield I might consider
Can I run It alongside EIS?

You dont really need Malwarebytes if you have EIS.
Google Chrome Extensions : Ublock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere.
Zemana Antimalware for on deman scanner
For Backups : macrium reflect free
UAC send it to MAX.
Doing All This Thank you!
I'm also UnInstalling Malwarebytes as you are right I Have EIS I dont Need MalwareBytes
+ Adding all the stuff you said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Explain why?
I have Emsisoft Its really light
And Windows Defender I hate It very much Its so bad
VoodooShield I might consider
Can I run It alongside EIS?
Xsjx is a Dev or someone who likes Avira. Your config is good and there is no reason to change it.

VS can run alongside you setup but you dont need it IMO. You can EIS and Malwarebytes. Adding VS will might slow your system .

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Xsjx is a Dev or someone who likes Avira. Your config is good and there is no reason to change it.
I'm Just adding the stuff you told me to
And Its really good programs Thanks!
Ublock origin really good I dont know how I lived without It LOL
Now I'm Just adding a backup And then I will be good to go.

VS can run alongside you setup but you dont need it IMO. You can EIS and Malwarebytes. Adding VS will might slow your system .
I'm Using EIS and Zemana Anti-Malware only On Demand Scanner without the real time protection
I've UnInstalled Malwarebytes as beacuse when It had real time protection It took 500MB Of RAM O_O..

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Do/Did you use either?

Why do you think so?
You can run VoodooShield w/ antivirii. Alternatively, you can use just VoodooShield since you want to be lighter.
Thats what i said? Just use WD and Voodoshield ,and Avira browser safety for the little extra safety on the web...
alternatively just keep using Emsisoft with Avira browser safety and stop using Malwarebytes as its crap.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
That is a very bold statement I think. o_O
In terms of blocking malware sites its crap, Yes. it only uses some filters from domain list Yes if you test it from the list they use they are going to block it.

So yes Avira+ ghostery/Adguard should be better.

Reactions: given
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.