Status
Not open for further replies.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
If you're a gamer then you might want to look at Process Lasso. It has a Gaming Mode, which when active, forces Windows to give higher priority to the game you're running and lower priority to background processes. The best bit is the free version includes Gaming Mode so you can try it out free. Although IMHO, Process Lasso is worth buying, because it really improves the overall responsiveness of your PC when it's running. Lifetime licenses are pretty cheap too :)

PCGamer

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
If you're a gamer then you might want to look at Process Lasso. It has a Gaming Mode, which when active, forces Windows to give higher priority to the game you're running and lower priority to background processes. The best bit is the free version includes Gaming Mode so you can try it out free. Although IMHO, Process Lasso is worth buying, because it really improves the overall responsiveness of your PC when it's running. Lifetime licenses are pretty cheap too :)
Thanks but No :)
All of my games running smooth and even the programs on the background while I'm gaming running smooth.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That is a very bold statement I think. o_O
Maybe he meant uBlock, not uBlock Origin. ;) It's the LISTS that are at fault, not the extensions that use them.

uBlock Origin is known for it's efficient resource usage compared to other content blockers.

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
no if you use chrome, adguard doesn't help
you use firefox or edge, adguard might be useful because adguard uses Google Safe Browsing API like google chrome (but weaker)
Thanks to this thread I learn something :)

So I rolled back to ublock origin (cause I'm using Chromium) and keep the list at small amount.
-> default, minus malware, plus social, plus cookie notice, minus esthetics rules = 60170 + 748 rules / around 40 Mb

And keep Avira Safety Browser extension (without the tracker blocker).

Sorry for hijacking you thread PCGamer ! it was a nice one. We always learn something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.