Overkill

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Everytime I try to update I get this error
7ibnR2b.jpg

Is anyone else having issues with peerblock?
It happens on my other pc as well

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
For free users they have limited the update function once a week, effective from 24th sep

http://www.peerblock.com/news/139.html

Upvote 0

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
hiya guys just off here a bit what does peerblock do i have heard things about but never looked at it more

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PB can be used in collaboration with using P2P programs, but basically it's an IP-address blocker.

I suggest you try the software to get an idea of how it works, there are many features available (ie. manageable lists for your own whitelisted or blacklisted IP addresses or ranges) etc.

More Info - http://www.peerblock.com

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
When it comes to blocking malware, HostsMan does a much better job because PeerBlock just blocks individual IP urls, whereas HostsMan can block the complete domain which can consists of many different IP url's that resolve to the same domain.

Just one host entree can block hundreds of malicious IP url's if not more.

HostsMan also will not slow down page loading like PeerBlock does.

The blocklist from MVPS host is the best and the only one that you will need to use.

Just blocking IP urls is like playing the cat and mouse game, malicious sites constantly change the IP urls, but their domain usually remains to be the same. Some malicious site will use hundreds or even thousands of different IP url's that all point to the same domain.

Read this to explain how DNS works- http://www.dashsystems.com/TIP_DNS-explanation.cfm

Enjoy!! :D

Upvote 0

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"Just blocking IP urls is like playing the cat and mouse game, malicious sites constantly change the IP urls, but their domain usually remains to be the same. Some malicious site will use hundreds or even thousands of different IP url's that all point to the same domain."

Thanks for info ,thats the thing i talking about before 5-8 days.
If you know their ip they are also know after see peerblock updates so i think it is better concept to block domain instead url.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.