Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I was using MB3 with real-time protection enabled until I read this forum, and learned that it not as good as it used to be. That being said, I converted it to an On-Demand scanner.

Just for the record, I noticed that there is no way, if one were to use real time to permanently disable a module. You can turn a module off, but you will continuously get a red triangle reminder in the system tray. I found this to be very annoying, and this plus the reviews I read contributed to using MB3 as OD.

That being said, anyone else notice that a module cannot be permanently disabled?

Or maybe I am missing something?

Berny

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2016
Please try this :
> Type in the search box 'MSCONFIG"
> Disable Malwarebytes at Startup
> Disable Malwarebytes in the Services
> Reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.