Solved Persistent virus: infected svchost & MSASCuiL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
How is your computer behaving now?

It's normal right now, and hopefully would stay like so. Except that Hitman Pro still detects "MSASCuiL.exe" under the Windows Defender program file as a virus. Also, every time I open the computer the command prompt flashes (opens and closes for like a second). Although I can't immediately claim that it was caused by a virus, it's not normal, right? Idk, it just bothers me. Haha.

All in all, I would have to wait if anything else shows up. Because in the past I did some scans and cleaning and I thought I was all good. After some days it came back. With that said, I might have to report to you again in a few days.

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
There was one unwanted proxy setting and some leftovers, that's it.

Alright, how do I fix the MSASCuiL and command prompt issue tho? By any chance, could Hitman Pro label MSASCuiL as harmful when it really isn't? Though I doubt it...

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
You need to show me the Hitman pro detection so I can tell you. What is happening with Command Prompt?

The command prompt is not a big issue (hopefully), its just that every time I boot the computer it open for like a second and closes. It just bothered me cause that ain't normal, right? As for the Hitman pro detection, attached below is a screenshot of it. I already tried "replacing" it as it is the only option, but nothing happens. I also tried deleting it but the systems say it cannot be deleted. Softwares made for forceful deletion also cannot delete the file. I tried IOLocker and LockHunter as of now.

Attachments

• Hitman Pro.png
    Hitman Pro.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 5

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
MSASCuiL.exe is the part of Windows Defender. I don't know why is HitmanPro detecting it, probably a false positive.

Hi Van

Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
MSASCuiL.exe is the part of Windows Defender. I don't know why is HitmanPro detecting it, probably a false positive.

That's what I thought as well. I also thought that what if the virus infected the MSASCuiL.exe, but yeah, maybe it's a false positive? I'll just report it as safe. Thanks so much, TwinHeadedEagle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.