Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Haven't done one of those for a while on my main machine, so I wouldn't have a clue on what the speed time is/was.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I used to get tickled when it was under 20 minutes. Then I had a 14 minute scan a while back. Then this 10 minute FULL scan just blew my freakin' mind.

haha

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
How many files did it have to scan, the amount? in total?

What's your hardware configuration, Guessing it was a 5400RPM HDD?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Seagate Barracuda ST3250310AS 7200RPM

250,000 objects scanned total
75,000 objects scanned before "scanning additional objects", which only takes another 20 seconds.

Emptied out System Restore recently. That always helps.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
MBAM has maintain its faster scanning engine and also with the help of hardware specifications.

I didn't yet performed itself a full on my system but the.quick scan itself took only like 2-5 minutes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.