Personal News

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
tHello Friends,and Members.
I am writing you guys this pm because last night i did have a tragedy within my own life.
Last night i got rushed to the hospital, due to the fact that i was watching the TV and suddenly i almost fainted and my right side did no longer listen to my body.
I felt like was standing with one leg here and the other leg somewhere else.
After the paramedics came in my house they did see that i did have a blood pressure WAY over 220/112, and they directly shipped me to the hospital.
It turned out that i either have have a hart problem and surely did have a TIA (Minor stroke) I am now 33 years old and have a son of 6 months and as you probably guessed i have no desire to die just yet.
So after the shock of what happened to me, i have to face the fact that a TIA 9 out of 10 times is a prelude to a much more severe full stroke. Obviously this is not a given fact, but statistics are statisics.
That said right now i am at home (Just got here) and i have to wait 2 hours before i can see my normal doctor, as silly me did not want to stay at the hospital (which i should for the next 24 hours) but frankly speaking i am to chicken to be there all by my self while my wife and little kid are at home (They could not comewith me) so after being in the hospital i took the DUMB decision to ask the doctor to release me as the hospital did drive me nuts keep in mind i am a big guy, but this really did freak me out on so many levels that i could not find the strenght to suck it up and stay in the hospital.
And yes do realise that i took a VERY big risk doing so.
Call me crazy and reckless but i have my reasons not to be there because i wanted to be with my wife and kid.
Obviously the doctor did not release me, i needed to seriously face facts and he only did release me because i was full hardy and he did only release me under the strict rule that if anything happens 911 (112 here) would be called and that i see my personal doctor first thing and that i participate 100% in the following program or he would break my legs just to make sure i would stay at the hospital.
Anyway the reason i write this, a TIA is a very dangerous thing, it is harmless when it happens, but the after effects are not harmless, right now i have a clear mind and can write you this but i cannot guarantee that this will remain the same within the next days as the after effects still can kick in even days after the event.
I was already not much online, but i fear that its going to take a bit longer before i can be online again.
Just letting you know,

PS: I am aware that this is the wrong section, but dunno where to post this, secondly this is personal news and it should offically not being posted here, but some of you guys talk to me day in day out so hence why i posted this.
Kind Regards Nico

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Nico. Your message not only speaks to us all, but you speak for many others going though similar trials. I also know you may not read this for some time. Please, please, do take it easy. My brother in law, like you, also suffered a TIA which affected his right side. Like yourself, his blood pressure was similarly through the roof. Unlike you, he became unconscious after as he was receiving medication to reduce his BP (blood pressure) & had no choice but to remain in the hospital's I.C.U. He did not have major paralysis, and now, after a recovery period of approx. 2 years, my brother in law seems nearly fully recovered (..if you didn't know him). You see, he hides the fact his right hand is weaker & less coordinated, though he is a very good example of the power of healing. He exercises now, and tomorrow will accompany his sister, my wife, & I to a Spa where he'll receive his very first full body scrub!:D
On behalf of everyone whom cares about your life, healing, & such hope, Thank You, Nico, for posting & sharing this with all of us. Mostly, I hope you will give yourself permission to take it easy. Stress mixed with high blood pressure is far worse than all the malware we combat here. Without You, there is no one whom is you to help the rest of us learn and benefit so much from your unique presence. I know you are thinking and caring for your wife & child above all. The very best way for you to care for the two of them shall be caring for yourself! We are all with you,:) and are not ready to say goodbye to you until a long lifetime has passed from now. You must take care of You, & take it slow. We shall do all the praying for you.:) You just have to take care of getting better, OK?;)
I am just one of many of your friends here,
~Cats

Last edited:

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
We must never forget that we fight for people. The fight may be against malware, or a fight over territory, it can be a war, or a quarrel with your neighbor; it's all about who will laugh in the end. Who will greet death with a smile, when it comes, and it will come, sooner or later for everyone. It's about legacy and more than just our own singular, separate lives.

Fight on, my friend. But don't forget you fight for the ones you love. We fight to live in peace, don't we? It's just that sometimes peace doesn't need to be defended, but instead it needs to be allowed to exist. I don't know why some people have to go so suddenly. I lost a brother who was so young. I wish to have a long life. I wish the same to you. But I feel wishing isn't enough, we have to hold on to what keeps us alive, earn this gift every day. As for those that abuse this gift, we keep on fighting them, business as usual.

Our prayers are with you, brother. Seek family and true friends, I'm sure you'll get better soon.

My sincere wishes for a full recovery.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hi Nico I'm with you!!
TIA (minor stroke) - I know. Stroke is AVC in French .. I know this big problem, because it happened in my family!
Taken daily, in the evening, a packet of aspirin (eg 75 mg) - and you do not have the next occurrence of this major problem! NEVER forget to take until the end of your life!
It dilutes any blood clots, very effective!
Begins today, now!

I wish you 100% recovery of the effects of this minor stroke. I wish you this, and all good ..

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Nico- First off, no matter where you posted this would be the right place.

Second, did they tell you if you had atrial fibrillation (people who are actually hypotensive can suffer from TIA's if A-fib is present (called the cardioembolic phenomenon)? And PLEASE GOD tell us that you DON'T SMOKE.

Third, you mention that you are a "big guy". is overweight part of the bigness?

Fourth- You have to get the blood pressure down a whole lot. If you achieve a BP goal of 112/72 mmHg, your risk of a future attack, even though you have had an initial TIA, would be the same as one with no cardiac issues.

Take care and please keep us updated (would like to know what anti hypertensives they put you on- my mother is a Cardiologist and I can run the therapy by her).

Meghan

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
First of all EVERYONE a BIG thank you for the warm words, even from people i did not expect it from really you guys made me cry.
I just got back from the doctor and he did not have good news for me, Now a TIA is not 100% proven yet and additional tests and checks will be happening the next few days so that they can totally rule out all other causes.
The doctor told me plain and simple that if this was a TIA as they believe in the hospital then i am sort of screwed for life, as i will be taking pills for the whole duration of it next to the fact that i will carry a loaded invisible gun with me till the very last day.
As any new TIA or worse can be my last given the fact that a TIA usually is the prelude of something much worse.
However life does not end here and i should be realistic, the doctor told me much is going to happen, some you like and some you do not like but you will have to accept things as they are, in order to make the most out of it and with the help of the proper treatment and a few life style changes you can go a LONG way.
And guess what? Thats exactly what i am going to do, change my life where it needs changing.
However that does not change the fact i got a very rude wake up call, and if i am not paying attention then the next wake up call can put me either into a vegatable or worse as a full blown stroke usually will perma-damage vital things like walking, talking, and other things both mental as body wise and i am really not looking forward to another housecall.

That said let me reply to what Meghan said:
Second, did they tell you if you had atrial fibrillation (people who are actually hypotensive can suffer from TIA's if A-fib is present (called the cardioembolic phenomenon)? And PLEASE GOD tell us that you DON'T SMOKE.
Actually based upon the tests right now it seems like a random TIA (Even tho they are never random) they have not yet pointed out what the cause is. Yes my heart was pumping like a maniak but as it seems for now AF seems not the reason behind it yet. But truth to be said proving a TIA is hard in some cases and finding the cause for it can be even harder, because even a top sporter can get a TIA just like that and the odds obviously will increase due to age and life style but as i have been told if you are being 33 years old and you are getting a TIA then a top sporter has pretty much the same odds of getting one. (Hard to believe but true.)
And yes i am a smoker, and tommorow i will be a ex-smoker, and the reason i say this is simple: Anyone with exp about TIA's will tell you that after getting a TIA the odds that you get another one within 1 year if you keep smoking is around 75% and they usually are fatal or near fatal.
So look at my picture do i really look like the guy that wants to die? HELL NO.
Lucky for me even while i am a smoker i do have a kickass condition as i sport every day 2 hours and i do not drink or use drugs.
Eat healty food but yes i smoke.

Third, you mention that you are a "big guy". is overweight part of the bigness?
6 foot 5 pure mussle and i am deffo not overweight. Accoording to the hospital my size vs weight vs condition is just right.

Fourth- You have to get the blood pressure down a whole lot. If you achieve a BP goal of 112/72 mmHg, your risk of a future attack, even though you have had an initial TIA, would be the same as one with no cardiac issues.
They have taken enough blood of me to fill up their trucks so i am sure they are going to find out what the cause for my sky high blood pressure was /is because just a hour ago my blood pressure was just perfect so it seems that yesterday was a crisis moment and a pile up of all kinds of sympthoms that caused my body to go nuts. But yeah extra checks will follow.

Take care and please keep us updated (would like to know what anti hypertensives they put you on- my mother is a Cardiologist and I can run the therapy by her).
As you can see i just updated the story, in regards to the medications i did get i can only say this, if i want to travel right now to a different nation i would need to pay chemical tax as i am one walking chemical bomb...

But 3 i do know out of the top of my head:
Acetylsalicyl, Dipyridamol, Acenocoumarol and a cocktail of some mixed other medications who's name i cannot write down.

Anyway right now i am going to take a nice sleep, and tommorow we will have another 10hours long test day at the hospital.
So now you guys are a bit updated.
Again thank you so much

Cheers

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nico,
I wish you a full and speedy recovery.I know what a toll this takes on you both mentally and physically but right now is a time to look at the positive things.Although it may seem there are not many when something like this happens I think you have a some things in your favor.
You have your family and a family here.
You are only 33 years old and at your age you can bounce back from this without further incident with some lifestyle changes and possibly medication.Sometimes you can go into a heart arrhythmia like Atrial Fib or SVT (tachycardia-very fast heart rate)from many factors or a combination of them.Alcohol,caffeine,nicotine,stress and lack of sleep can cause these arrhythmia's which reduce the blood flow to your brain and can produce a TIA or worse the blood to clot and cause a major stroke.That is why getting early treatment is so very important.
These arrhythmia's are very common in young and older people and sometimes a cause can never be determined and some especially younger people are just susceptible to them every so often.In these cases a heart problem is not the cause and usually an aspirin regiment prevents TIA or stroke until the arrhythmia can be converted.
It is a very scary incident indeed and puts thinking about your own mortality at the forefront but I hope and pray that this was a minor event without any damage and you bounce back soon.You know we are always here and you can talk to us anytime about anything.
Get well soon my friend :)

I

illumination

I could not persuade myself to click the "like" button on your post Nico, as there is nothing in that news to like. I am truly sorry to hear all of this. Hopefully after seeing your regular doc, they can subdue this with a change to your routine, and hopefully, it is not beyond that.

I would not consider myself Dumb, for leaving to go be with your family.. I have a 8 month old son right now, and would do the very same that you did.

Hope to see you back on here, and symptoms under control.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
You need rest for about six months!
Werther, you think so and/or not!
Slow the pace that you have been
keeping up for so long! Looking forward
to hear that you are going to make a full recovery.
And make sure to post us on how things are going on
with yourself?

Kind regards,;)

Moose

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.