Personal News

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
tHello Friends,and Members.
I am writing you guys this pm because last night i did have a tragedy within my own life.
Last night i got rushed to the hospital, due to the fact that i was watching the TV and suddenly i almost fainted and my right side did no longer listen to my body.
I felt like was standing with one leg here and the other leg somewhere else.
After the paramedics came in my house they did see that i did have a blood pressure WAY over 220/112, and they directly shipped me to the hospital.
It turned out that i either have have a hart problem and surely did have a TIA (Minor stroke) I am now 33 years old and have a son of 6 months and as you probably guessed i have no desire to die just yet.
So after the shock of what happened to me, i have to face the fact that a TIA 9 out of 10 times is a prelude to a much more severe full stroke. Obviously this is not a given fact, but statistics are statisics.
That said right now i am at home (Just got here) and i have to wait 2 hours before i can see my normal doctor, as silly me did not want to stay at the hospital (which i should for the next 24 hours) but frankly speaking i am to chicken to be there all by my self while my wife and little kid are at home (They could not comewith me) so after being in the hospital i took the DUMB decision to ask the doctor to release me as the hospital did drive me nuts keep in mind i am a big guy, but this really did freak me out on so many levels that i could not find the strenght to suck it up and stay in the hospital.
And yes do realise that i took a VERY big risk doing so.
Call me crazy and reckless but i have my reasons not to be there because i wanted to be with my wife and kid.
Obviously the doctor did not release me, i needed to seriously face facts and he only did release me because i was full hardy and he did only release me under the strict rule that if anything happens 911 (112 here) would be called and that i see my personal doctor first thing and that i participate 100% in the following program or he would break my legs just to make sure i would stay at the hospital.
Anyway the reason i write this, a TIA is a very dangerous thing, it is harmless when it happens, but the after effects are not harmless, right now i have a clear mind and can write you this but i cannot guarantee that this will remain the same within the next days as the after effects still can kick in even days after the event.
I was already not much online, but i fear that its going to take a bit longer before i can be online again.
Just letting you know,

PS: I am aware that this is the wrong section, but dunno where to post this, secondly this is personal news and it should offically not being posted here, but some of you guys talk to me day in day out so hence why i posted this.
Kind Regards Nico

Best of wishes,got to keep it positive you will be ok,love conquer all keep it real with your fam,peace bro.:mad:

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
@n.nvt : hello friend, sorry to hear about your bad health. :(

I wish that you recover from it and get back on your life track as soon as possible. My blessings for you to be in pink of health again. :)

I emphasize with you as i too had gone through a bad health (unlike yours)and the medications had taken their toll on me. After-effects of any long term allopathic medication are a mess to the body, but gradually the effects are subsiding.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
First of all EVERYONE a BIG thank you for the warm words, even from people i did not expect it from really you guys made me cry.
I just got back from the doctor and he did not have good news for me, Now a TIA is not 100% proven yet and additional tests and checks will be happening the next few days so that they can totally rule out all other causes.
The doctor told me plain and simple that if this was a TIA as they believe in the hospital then i am sort of screwed for life, as i will be taking pills for the whole duration of it next to the fact that i will carry a loaded invisible gun with me till the very last day.
As any new TIA or worse can be my last given the fact that a TIA usually is the prelude of something much worse.
However life does not end here and i should be realistic, the doctor told me much is going to happen, some you like and some you do not like but you will have to accept things as they are, in order to make the most out of it and with the help of the proper treatment and a few life style changes you can go a LONG way.
And guess what? Thats exactly what i am going to do, change my life where it needs changing.
However that does not change the fact i got a very rude wake up call, and if i am not paying attention then the next wake up call can put me either into a vegatable or worse as a full blown stroke usually will perma-damage vital things like walking, talking, and other things both mental as body wise and i am really not looking forward to another housecall.

That said let me reply to what Meghan said:

Actually based upon the tests right now it seems like a random TIA (Even tho they are never random) they have not yet pointed out what the cause is. Yes my heart was pumping like a maniak but as it seems for now AF seems not the reason behind it yet. But truth to be said proving a TIA is hard in some cases and finding the cause for it can be even harder, because even a top sporter can get a TIA just like that and the odds obviously will increase due to age and life style but as i have been told if you are being 33 years old and you are getting a TIA then a top sporter has pretty much the same odds of getting one. (Hard to believe but true.)
And yes i am a smoker, and tommorow i will be a ex-smoker, and the reason i say this is simple: Anyone with exp about TIA's will tell you that after getting a TIA the odds that you get another one within 1 year if you keep smoking is around 75% and they usually are fatal or near fatal.
So look at my picture do i really look like the guy that wants to die? HELL NO.
Lucky for me even while i am a smoker i do have a kickass condition as i sport every day 2 hours and i do not drink or use drugs.
Eat healty food but yes i smoke.

6 foot 5 pure mussle and i am deffo not overweight. Accoording to the hospital my size vs weight vs condition is just right.

They have taken enough blood of me to fill up their trucks so i am sure they are going to find out what the cause for my sky high blood pressure was /is because just a hour ago my blood pressure was just perfect so it seems that yesterday was a crisis moment and a pile up of all kinds of sympthoms that caused my body to go nuts. But yeah extra checks will follow.

As you can see i just updated the story, in regards to the medications i did get i can only say this, if i want to travel right now to a different nation i would need to pay chemical tax as i am one walking chemical bomb...

But 3 i do know out of the top of my head:
Acetylsalicyl, Dipyridamol, Acenocoumarol and a cocktail of some mixed other medications who's name i cannot write down.

Anyway right now i am going to take a nice sleep, and tommorow we will have another 10hours long test day at the hospital.
So now you guys are a bit updated.
Again thank you so much

Cheers

Hey bro!
I just dunno how I missed this topic you wrote and see this for the first time now...:(
I am all with you and if I were closer I would personally take care of your health day/night (not ultragiga-doctor but just a doctor).
We all live in times with lot of stress, fast life, bad habits...and this things happens a lot these days :(
I will not be surprised if cardiologists/neurologists/vascular doctors don't find a really cause to ischemia you had but just want to point out that you don't need to worry about it since it wouldn't be the first time for that "mystery" as you don't really have 3 major predispositions for Acute Coronary Syndrome.
The only thing you need to do now is rest and keep calm and strong as you will help yourself the most.
And I know that you are that kind of man.
I agree with the therapy they gave you
Acetylsalicyl, Dipyridamol, Acenocoumarol ...

Keep us updated whenever you can bro!

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Little Update:

i just got home from the hospital and it was a pretty hard day, all kinds of tests to see if my brain and coordination skills have not been affected by the TIA. So far it seems that i have damage in my right hand (fine coordination) and it seem that i have some short term action memory loss which means that lets say you are about to do shopping, you walk to the door and suddenly you think: what was it that i was going to do? Now the good news is that these little problems will be repaired within a week or so as the medications will start to have effect and the body itself will repair these problems.
Scans have proven beyond the reasonable doubt that i have NO blood cludders left and my bloodstream is as good as it gets as being 33 years old and the scans also proved beyond the reasonable doubt that i did not have brain-damage.
So the only thing they did see is that my blood pressure is still not optimal yet, but they also think that the heavy meds also take their toll on my body.
Keep in mind these meds are NO candy and they will have side effects.
Tomorrow the doctor will start with a new medication program which is going to be really strong, and consists of a mix of anti infection and save guard meds to speed up recovery and to deny the body the ability to initiate a partial shut down as my heart is still racing from time to time, so they will focus on getting my blood pressure down to a point where it does not cause damage as right now my body receive a lot of stress due to this.
* usually if something is wrong in the body, the brain can initiate a partial shut down of the affected part, and will try to compensate however the danger in this is that it could be a critical system that is being over compensated which can lead to damage, coma or even death itself.
So the mix of meds is seriously strong and i will have at home 24/7 super vision as i will not need to stay in the hospital.
(good thing is i can be online and do some stuff to relax.)
Tomorrow they also are going to check my heart and critical cross points in my upper body and legs to see if there is a obstruction or a infection which causes my heart to go nuts. They also said that i might wanna prepare myself for a surgery session to take a closer look near the lungs and heart with a camera.

So all in all it seems i was really lucky, but i will have to face the whole medical program till they find something.

That said let me thank you all AGAIN for the very warm words.
I will keep you guys updated,

cheers

Last edited:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
it may sounds stupid but keep the strong will to live and you will; NEVER surrender, pay more attention about your lifestyle, and you will be fine.

long live to you, bro.

Surrender? Thats a unknown word to me, for the plain and simple reason i do not have the luxury to surrender and besides that i like to tease the world for a bit longer :)

I

illumination

Sometimes, these signs are not so gentle reminders to take stock of our lives and the important aspects.. To remember to live and not just exist..

Im truly glad to hear things are for the most part, looking up!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.