Advanced Security peter1111's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Jun 7, 2022
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Network firewall
N/A
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Standard
Device firewall
Custom security settings
System Watcher set to block suspicious actions
Intrusion Protection set to not whitelist signed programs
Periodic malware scanners
NPE, ESET Online Scanner, HMP
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browsers and extensions
Brave with brave adblocker set to standard blocking, bitwarden
Secure DNS
Next DNS, Windowscribe ROBERT
Desktop VPN
Windscribe
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Kerish Doctor
File and photo backups
Koofr
System recovery
Koofr Sync
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Gaming with third-party mods
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
Asus Tuf 15
1tb ssd
Nvdia 3050ti mobile
16gb ram at 3200 mhz
Intel i7 11th gen 11370 H
1444P 144hz LG Utra Gear
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

I recommend more a Ghost such as Macrium / Aomei / Acronis than the Windows one...

Why do you use Kaspersky anyway? :) (it's excellent and very solid in protection, it's an antivirus that I'm still watching for its very good detection rate)
 
You just answered your own question I guess. 😄

the naked gun facepalm GIF
 
Very good setup. I like it. Only thing I recommend is staying away from Maintenance Programs. OS developers do not recommend them and the space they clean up are kilobytes while causing breakage everywhere. I recommend REVO Uninstaller if you want to properly clean up after an uninstallation.

I also recommend an automated backup solution like Macrium Reflect or AOMEI Backupper instead of manually doing it. It has saved me a lot of stress.
 
Very good setup. I like it. Only thing I recommend is staying away from Maintenance Programs. OS developers do not recommend them and the space they clean up are kilobytes while causing breakage everywhere. I recommend REVO Uninstaller if you want to properly clean up after an uninstallation.

I also recommend an automated backup solution like Macrium Reflect or AOMEI Backupper instead of manually doing it. It has saved me a lot of stress.
I actually never had any issues with wise care, since I turned off registry cleaning so problems shouldn't occur. It actually cleaned a lot of space, so much better than the windows built in one.

I don't really do backups anymore, as I don't really having anything locally, everything is in the cloud.

Thanks alot of the suggestions tho
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top