New Update Photo Backup by Proton Drive is now available

Are you using Proton Drive’s Photo Backup on Android/iOS?

• Yes, to replace my existing photo cloud backup

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, to use alongside to my existing photo cloud backup

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Not interested or No Proton account

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
December Update: Proton Drive’s new photo backup feature for Android protects snapshots of your life | Proton

1698068749016.png

Source: reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/proton_photos_is_officially_marked_as_planned/

Now available for all Android users.
  • Lacks customisation options
  • More features coming soon
  • Photo Backup coming to iOS soon

This is just the beginning. Photo backup is already in beta on the Proton Drive iOS app and will be released publicly soon. Next on our roadmap is the development of support for albums and automatic categorization based on photo types, such as screenshots. We are also working on integrating on-device machine learning to ensure that you can enjoy all the smart features you’ve come to rely on while maintaining end-to-end encryption.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

While i mainly use Google services "chromebook/android" and mostly its cloud, photos are something that no one wishes to lose or have compromised. This said, i do not store photos in the cloud but on external devices that can be plugged in when the need arises to grab them for what ever purposes.

Encryption for now is fine, but like everything else, the future will tell if it will be enough.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.