Advice Request Picture in picture

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I would switch to Edge full time if they implemented universal Picture in Picture support like Firefox and Brave have. It would make it a better browser than Chrome instantly since they only have it working well for YouTube. Is anybody else wanting this feature?

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
They already have something:

But I'm not sure what is available now in the latest stable 89...
This is what I get for not digging into flags. Thank you @Gandalf_The_Grey our wise wizard.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Yep that did exactly what I wanted for giantbomb.com. Thank you @Gandalf_The_Grey . Hopefully they make it part of the default eventually.
Does that seems to work also with other sites?

This feature was one reason I was very close to start search and test PiP ( picture in picture ) extensions in Edge, but then the scandal of some of those was official reported as malicious before I got the chance and lucky for us all removed.
I much rather use something built-in.

blackice

Level 38
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Does that seems to work also with other sites?

This feature was one reason I was very close to start search and test PiP ( picture in picture ) extensions in Edge, but then the scandal of some of those was official reported as malicious before I got the chance and lucky for us all removed.
I much rather use something built-in.
So far it has worked on a couple sites other than youtube, which is what I was looking for. It says it will play any video feed. I know they showed it working for sites like Twitch, and giantbomb's player uses HTML5 and it worked for that. It of course works for youtube as well. So far I am liking it and haven't found a site I use that it doesn't work on. Though I don't frequent many sites that host their own video.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.