Solved Please help with removal of Chromium, etc

kristamaranatha

New Member
Hello, from a first-time poster.

A member of my family whom I will leave unnamed recently updated a program on his laptop, and when he did so a bunch of other programs installed onto the machine as well. After this update, said family member let me know that something was popping up saying he had such-and-such number of viruses on the computer. I knew this itself may be a virus, so I checked the installed programs and found five additional applications he did not intend to install. I used the Uninstall Program window to get rid of all those things, but upon reboot Chromium still starts up (I should have made a list of the names of the other ones before I tried to uninstall). It is no longer showing up on the Uninstall Programs menu, but it is still on the start menu. I have tried Malwarebytes and Malwarebytes Rootkit, but to no avail. Then I found this forum. I am attaching the FRST files that your instructions as for. I hope you can help us fix this laptop. Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

Hello,


FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top