Solved Please, I need help with PUM.Homepage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
and if I try to navigate on the page the box turns yellow like this. I can still navigate on the page, but it turns yellow like you see in the file below.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG2.PNG
    Capture.PNG2.PNG
    754.6 KB · Views: 31

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
I have not tried any other browsers. Which one should I try? And which browser do you recommend is the most secure?

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
When in Internet options in Advanced Tab do I click on Delete personal settings and then click Reset again? Or just click Reset?

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Ok, I clicked on Delete personal settings and then Reset Internet Explorer. The dialogue box with that address is no longer popping up :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
My computer is running very well! I did click on an Ad by mistake earlier, but X'd out of it quickly. I usually click on Alt and F4 to X out of any Ads that pop up. Would you like me to scan 1 more time with SuperAntiSpyware or RogueKiller just to makes sure everything is ok? In your expert opinion, which search engine is best equipt to block adware and malware? I am impressed by your skills and knowledge :)

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You can scan your PC if you wish. I'll give you some tools to protect your PC better against adware and ads.

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Thank you. You are a very good person. Take that as the ultimate compliment :) I will scan now, and let you know how it went. Then you can share with me the tools to help protect me better against adware and ads.

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Eagle, maybe bad news? I don't know. Here are the results of the scans:

SuperAntiSpyware: Good. No spyware found
RogueKiller: Found 8 exmaples of PUM.DesktopIcons (In all 8 examples the box color was gray. It said suspicious items , may be malware.)

Then! My Nortons popped up and said it found a Virus and removed it. It said:
Threat Name: Trojan.Gen.2
File: C: users/downloads/zoek.exe

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Ok buddy, thank you :) Can I delete all the logs and files I made with Farbar and Zoek? They are stored in my C: right now. And can you please give me the tools you mentioned to help protect better against Adware and Ads?

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Glad I could help. We will delete all used tools and I'll give you some tips to harden your security and learn how to protect yourself :)

Recommended reading:
icon_exclaim.gif
MUST READ - security tips:

icon_exclaim.gif
MUST READ - general maintenance:

The Importance of Software Updating:

In order to stay protected it is
very important that you regularly update all of your software. Cybercriminals depend on the apathy of users around software updates to keep their malicious endeavor running.

Operating systems, such as Windows, and applications, such as Adobe Reader or JAVA, are used by tens of millions of computers and devices around the world, making them a huge target for cybercriminals. Downloading updates and installing them can sometimes be tedious, but the advantages you get from the updates are certainly worth it.

Recommended additional software:
icon_arrow.gif
CCleaner - to clean unneeded temporary files.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - to scan your system from time to time in search for malware.
icon_arrow.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Exploit - to prevent plenty of mostly exploited vulnerabilities.
icon_arrow.gif
McShield - to prevent infections spread by removable media.
icon_arrow.gif
Unchecky - to prevent from installing additional foistware, implemented in legitimate installations.
icon_arrow.gif
Adblock - to surf the web without annoying ads!

Post-cleanup procedures:

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

My help is free for everybody.
If you're happy with the help provided and/or wish to buy me a beer for the assistance you received, then you can consider a donation:
Thank you!​

Stay safe,
TwinHeadedEagle :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Hey :) I installed Adblock and Malware Anti Exploit, Wasn't sure which free trial version of CCleaner to install. When I clicked on the Delfix hot link it took me a page that was no longer available. What's a safe site that I can download it from?

(Again I want thank you for all you have done for me, and tell you again what a great person you are.) I will send you a personalized private message to you after we are all done here :)

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Ok, I went to install Delfix, but when I clicked to Save as: it said "qXIM" is not a valid file name, then I changed the file name to delfix and it saved, but then when I right clicked on the file on my desktop there was no option to run as administrator. I tried to open the file and it asked me which program did I want to use to open it. (IE, Adobe, etc,)

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
It begins to download the delfix program and when it gets about half way done it stops and a message pops up saying " program publisher can not be verified" and the install stops and I can't install it :(

Iwant2behappy

Thread author
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
I got Delfix installed and ran it, all done :) Do you need to see the Delfix.txt log? Hey is that Adblock Plus safe? Someone told me it collects data and sells it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.