Plexx's Configuration (2013 Edition) - N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
RE: Biozfear's Configuration (2013 Edition)

Ok, Thanks. I really find CIS v6 more easy as compared to older version.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

MrExplorer said:
Sir, Can you list the Pros & Cons of Comodo Internet Security v6

I feel the big con with version 6 is the user interface. In my opinion, it's a step backwards in terms of usability for the advanced user.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

We are many to flag it since the early betas...

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011

HeffeD said:
MrExplorer said:
Sir, Can you list the Pros & Cons of Comodo Internet Security v6

I feel the big con with version 6 is the user interface. In my opinion, it's a step backwards in terms of usability for the advanced user.

Umbra Corp. said:
We are many to flag it since the early betas...

yes thats true v5 was so good everything was so easy to navigate it would be great if they could give us the option to switch skins and offer an advanced skin!

P

Plexx

Thread author

For me is not so much the GUI on its own but how the settings are placed and the introduction of HIPS being disabled by default. Tho for a new user on CIS would be fine, considering he/she goes through the help page available, for a 5.10/5.12 or even 5.8 user, it's a bigger learning curve.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

@Biozfear, What do you prefer more, the HIPS or Behavioural Blocker?

Edited

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

The BB & HIPS are still active together by default, The HIPS is just rendered less" intrusive" if "disabled"; it will wake up if the BB can't make a decision.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

i feel BB more effective as the users like me feel it hard to use HIPS.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

it is why CIS gives you the choice now ;)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012

Not able to understand what you want say.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Earth said:
@Biozfear, What do you prefer more, the HIPS or Behavioural Blocker?

Edited

BB is in a way HIPS based on their core functions.

What forks out afterwards is the "style" of HIPS solution (Behavior Blocker and Classical HIPS basically).

I do not however like all types of BB or HIPS for that matter. I can get by with D+ on CIS5.10/5.12, OA's HIPs, Mamutu/EAM, AVG Identity Protection but I cannot really stand PrivateFirewall/ESET HIPS/VIPRE HIPS/Sophos HIPS and OutPost for my gaming needs, for example.

Everyone has a different need when choosing a layered extra protection or a mix. Some go light virtualization, some choose a non intrusive version (until a certain extend) of HIPS, some prefer a Classical HIPS style (WinPatrol (until a certain extend), ESET, D+ without any trusted lists, OA, Malware Defender), some prefer a standalone BB (Mamutu & TF ), while some prefer perhaps an anti executable solution such as AppGuard, VoodooShield, NoVirusThanks EXE.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

Your config rocks!

I think CIS with Emsisoft Mamutu must be awesome. It is radical but I bet it is wicked. I really like both of those outfits. Hats off to 'em.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Gnosis said:
Your config rocks!

I think CIS with Emsisoft Mamutu must be awesome. It is radical but I bet it is wicked. I really like both of those outfits. Hats off to 'em.
Thanks Gnosis.

D+ covers in more dept than Mamutu and both function well, however some stuff is whitelisted by D+ while Mamutu isn't, so I like to see what areas is the piece of process being monitored (in Mamutu case). On applications that are not whitelisted or modified (such as expstart.exe which is a process that is start after modifying the start orb for example), I like to see what areas is the modification or access is taking place (D+).

It ain't really a paranoid approach but instead a learning approach.

P

Plexx

Thread author

On a side note, Scan speed on an AV solution for me is important.

With the exact same game folders that were excluded in avast!/ESET, CAV's scan speed is rather quicker than even avast!:

CAV Full Scan: around 15 mins.
OexVrVx.png

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

It ain't really a paranoid approach but instead a learning approach.

Right. It is not paranoid, just SOLID.

It doesn't surprise me that it scans faster than Avast. Avast is not all that speedy, esp. when you use boot-time scanning.

P

Plexx

Thread author

Gnosis said:
Right. It is not paranoid, just SOLID.

It doesn't surprise me that it scans faster than Avast. Avast is not all that speedy, esp. when you use boot-time scanning.

Yeah on first full scan of avast! I can justify the time, but then when you change the settings to speed up, only did for a couple of minutes max.

Solid but not 100% bullet proof but I can live with that:)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

It is stout. I would tolerate your config, so it has to be tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.