Advice Request PNY CS900 or Adata Ultimate SU630?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

cryogent

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
I have an Adata SSD of 240gb SU630 but I do not recommend ... over time its speed decreases ( because QLC tech) even if it is only 50% full and has a very high operating temperature (50 degrees Celsius or more) even if it is mounted on a radiator ....
I can't provide any information about PNY because I didn't have any of their products.
Honestly I would look for an SSD with MLC technology instead of TLC even if they are more expensive.

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Hello!

I need to buy an SSD for my sister’s laptop. Which one of the aforementioned two would you go with?
I would add BX500 since it is priced competitively as SU630. BX500 has TLC and no DRAM so read speeds are unaffected but when flooded with too many write requests it gets slow due to no DRAM. On 240GB SLC pseudo cache is around 7-10GB depending on free space. You can buy 480GB to offset write performance hits once, SLC cache runs out but it can't be compared to MX500 with DRAM.
If your sister's use-case is basic coding, streaming, light video/photo edits and 720p gaming then SU630/BX500 should fit your needs w/o breaking your wallet.
I have an Adata SSD of 240gb SU630 but I do not recommend ... over time its speed decreases ( because QLC tech) even if it is only 50% full and has a very high operating temperature (50 degrees Celsius or more) even if it is mounted on a radiator ....
I can't provide any information about PNY because I didn't have any of their products.
Honestly I would look for an SSD with MLC technology instead of TLC even if they are more expensive.
That high operating temps is due to no DRAM and SSD controller uses little CPU and more RAM to cache the info to retrieve info a little bit faster. I've seen upto 84C when my ambients were nearing 40-45C and I was doing full image backup.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.