Po-Ting's config

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I agree with Illumination, UAC should be enabled all the time, at least just default setting should be enough (mine is max) also you might consider using back up software or using traditional back up by drag and drop to another HDD ext, and FF extension as well, anyway thanks for sharing your config :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I agree with each member's valuable gift of wisdom.
  1. UAC. Set it to at least to default ("Always Notify" wouldn't hurt.) Do not allow UAC:oops: to become:eek: Un-used Annoying Control.
  2. Back up your system. Everyone (including myself):rolleyes: needs to do this. So, prepare in the event saving your system might depend on it.
  3. Do not run downloads when you are even a little uncertain of the source, or when you are unfamiliar with what it is. If you <click> on many links & open many e-mails, consider Sandboxie Free www.sandboxie.com
  4. Most importantly, use your most effective security extension you already possess as the User in User Activated Control, and patiently allow for your own better judgment.:)
  • Extensions for Firefox are found under tools > Get add-ons.
You might try Addblocker Plus, Ghostery, HTTPS Everywhere, & LastPass which securely manages passwords (it makes life easier + safer!) by memorizing a single master password.

Thanks for sharing your configuration!

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.