Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks for the feedback! As for a password manager, Polarity does not have one yet. I need to figure out a way to safely store passwords first which may take some time as well as encrypting it.
I'll keep an eye out for that. Maybe you could team up with some password manager company like LastPass. Thanks.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Latest version: Polarity 5.3.9 Build 134 (seen on Softpedia ..)

Changelog page on Softpedia: http://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/Polarity-Changelog-228158.html

New in version 5.3.9 Build 134
October 25th, 2014
  • Removed underline from links in new tab page, indication if app window is in Float mode, full screen mode for app windows, better page rendering, bug fixes with Polarity Search, extensions automatically run after downloading, added Run button to extensions menu.
- first topic's post updated ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Polarity

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
I will get to working on a password manager soon due to popular demand. The next update is big so it will take a while.

Reactions: Prorootect

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Polarity 6.0 has been released with and it comes with a lot of changes. Unfortunately, the password manager and the PDF reader could not be implemented yet due to some stability issues.

Polarity v.6.0.0 (11/27/14)
  • Fixed minor UI bug on new tab page, picture themes will also display on tabpreviews, addition of PolarSync to help backup or restore settings in Polarity, updated UA's, UI redesign in notifications, history, bookmarks, cookies, downloads, and download manager, slimmer applet toolbars, redesign of malware protection page, Polarity API for interoperability between Javascript and native code for Polarity App Client and tabs (special APIs for history, favorites, internals, apps, notifications, and Polarity windows), automatic recovery when a tab crashes, rewording in several components, support for javascript apps, notifications disappear automatically after 5 seconds, updates to Document Explorer, updated UAs, better theme awareness, ability to change text color, new themes in store, fixed userscript/userstyle download detection, smaller file size, hide url bar in app window, fixed favicon fetching, hide address bar in app window, new commands in Terminal, updates to DevConsole, updates to downloader window, fixed zoom levels for all pages, fixed url changing upon page navigation.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Polarity, my best wishes and hope for 'without .Net Framework above version 2.0 ' Polarity version! Please ..

Last edited by a moderator:

akshay1189

Level 3
Verified
Dec 6, 2013
Pros
Polarity does the job very nicely without any hiccups while using it. The design is simple and not too busy with plenty of features inside th browser.
Cons
None to mention yet.
Summary
This seems to be a great browser despite that it requires .NET to be installed, it is pretty impressive. This will be a great alternative to my main browsers.

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Pros
Polarity does the job very nicely without any hiccups while using it. The design is simple and not too busy with plenty of features inside th browser.
Cons
None to mention yet.
Summary
This seems to be a great browser despite that it requires .NET to be installed, it is pretty impressive. This will be a great alternative to my main browsers.
Thank you for your response. It means a lot to me to see people respond to Polarity no matter if they like or not. It just helps me understand what is good and what can be fixed. I am the only developer of this browser and I'm still learning how to program. I hope that I could recreate Polarity in the future to be cross platform and not reliant on the .NET framework.

Last edited:

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Happy New Year to everyone! Just another update that adds some important features.

Polarity v.6.1.0 (1/1/15)
  • Addition of disconnect search, updated website error code detection and handling, Polarity API fixes, PolarPass password manager, Polarity Launcher 2.0, save web pages in .mht and other formats, ability to open files within Polarity, tab pinning, autofill login information support for any website, updated API Functions, more keyboard shortcuts.

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Wow it's been a while. Anyway, the latest update. I did not really post the other changes since those updates were relatively minor and contained mainly bug fixes. The only big thing in these last couple of updates was the introduction of a brand new autocomplete menu. It may not seem impressive, but it was a great deal of work.

Polarity v.6.1.5 (2/10/15)
  • More keyboard shortcut commands, autocomplete selection bug fix, updates to malware warning page, updated API, custom message dialog, many UI enhancements, better theming, fixed opening link in new tab with control button.

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Polarity v.6.2.0 (3/5/15)
  • Minor UI updates, extension manager fixes, updates for notification center, control center updates, more efficient script execution, better extension execution, updated downloader UI, UI updates for web suggestions in omnibar, fixed bugs where long search queries are not processed, new icon set for notification, bug fixes in Control Center, Youtube Downloader bug fixes, fixed Youtube link bugs, bug fix for PolarPass not saving, Control Center will indicate selected tab.
I'm still working on a cross platform version, but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere.

Reactions: Petrovic and Oxygen

TSRalex

Mar 17, 2015
Hello Community!

Starting with Polarity browser (6.2.1) some questions and troubles came up:

A) Polarity is crashing (20 minutes no response and the need, to cancel the whole task....) while importing bookmarks from Google Chrome (41.0.2272.89 m)!

B) I´ve read about PolarPass in this thread, but can´t find any futher information about!?

How to install it? Are possibilties to import existing data from LastPass or KeePass?

Thanks for assistance! :)

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Hello Community!

Starting with Polarity browser (6.2.1) some questions and troubles came up:

A) Polarity is crashing (20 minutes no response and the need, to cancel the whole task....) while importing bookmarks from Google Chrome (41.0.2272.89 m)!

B) I´ve read about PolarPass in this thread, but can´t find any futher information about!?

How to install it? Are possibilties to import existing data from LastPass or KeePass?

Thanks for assistance! :)

Hello and thank you for the feedback. Polarity's bookmark importer is still new and has some issues with it. One of the issues is that it may freeze up when importing a large number of bookmarks and I will try to see if I could make it an async function.

As for PolarPass, you can open it by right clicking on a website and clicking "Open PolarPass..." from the menu. You can also open it via the "Actions" tab located in the settings window. So far there isn't a way to import existing data from LastPass or KeePass.

*Important Note: Don't forget to enable PolarPass under the uncommon settings tab in the settings window in order to allow Polarity to remember usernames and passwords.

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
New in version 6.2.1 Build 725
March 17th, 2015Bug fixes with script installation on GreasyFork, fixed selection jumping issue in omnibar, cleaner app bar design, faster and more efficient icon fetching in app bar, new link fixes, updated Trident Mode rendering engine, small update to Trident mode interface, updated UAs, fixed tab pinning issues, fixed bugs when opening tabs with ctrl T.

TSRalex

Mar 17, 2015
Hello and thank you for the feedback.

Thanks for your quick reply! :)

Polarity's bookmark importer is still new and has some issues with it. One of the issues is that it may freeze up when importing a large number of bookmarks and I will try to see if I could make it an async function.

I´m looking forward to this solution and I hope to see it soon. I´m sure, that a lot of people a tired of Google Chrome and would like to change to an alternate browser if the migration runs smoothly and necessary known functions are given.....

As for PolarPass, you can open it by right clicking on a website and clicking "Open PolarPass..." from the menu. You can also open it via the "Actions" tab located in the settings window.

Where are the passwords located as file?

So far there isn't a way to import existing data from LastPass or KeePass.

Is there any possibility in developing a add-on/extension for the implementation of KeePass? I would prefer KeePass, because it´s IMHO better to have such data local on the own machine.....

*Important Note: Don't forget to enable PolarPass under the uncommon settings tab in the settings window in order to allow Polarity to remember usernames and passwords.

OK!

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Where are the passwords located as file?
The passwords are stored in a folder in the configuration folder. To access this, press Ctrl + ~ to open the console. After that, type 'ocnfg' and the directory should open. The file is stored as 'info.ppef'.

The updates will be slower during these couple of months from all the testing and I apologize in advance.

Reactions: TSRalex

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Polarity v.6.2.5 (4/24/15)

• Mouse button functions added (such as the back, forward, middle mouse buttons) and some other minor updates.
  • The Portable version of Polarity will be available for every single future update.

Reactions: Oxygen

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Polarity v.6.3 (5/17/15)
  • Updated minimal scrollbar design, watch Youtube video fullscreen in separate window, bug fixed where Polarity could not open tab in new window, shadows added to tab bar, more shadows around tab, new beta image viewer enabled for .jpg and .png, minor changes to website translation, fixed bug where autocomplete menu would not resize with browser window, tab sizes readjusted, PolarSync bug fixes, updates to Trident mode, website rendering fixes.

Reactions: Oxygen

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Polarity 7.0.0 (6/29/15)
  • Words highlighted from FindBox, different colors for different words, changes in pinned tab behavior, notifications on pinned tabs by flashing orange, fixed bug where pinned tabs won't save on "Always Discard" tabs mode, links open in new tabs in pinned tabs, Control Center updates, updates to Trident Mode, setting to always show appsbar, bookmarks bar under omnibar, Youtube Downloader bug fixes, fixes with PolarShot not completely closing, added SoundCloud support, updates to theming system, Facebook bug fixes, Trident tabs now save urls when you click save tabs, Youtube Flash patch, updated Window frame with shadows when DWM is enabled, Notification Center updates, downloader now selects item in folder, adjusted padding and UI rendering, better crash handling in Notification Center (click dialog to restart), fixed bug where window kept downsizing after restoring, smart snapping in Document Explorer, many under the hood changes, multithreaded downloading with download pausing, pop out Youtube video from context menu, icon caching for faster app and bookmark loading, close warning when downloads are still in progress, find box in new window, PolarPass integration in app windows, fixed fatal crash in PolarPass.
I hope you guys enjoy this rather large update. This was mainly the accumulation of months of user feedback. There are still some more updates that I haven't implemented, but I will in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.